This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
This month’s Recipe ReDux theme is focused on plant-based protein power bowls that are loaded with good fiber, lean muscle-building protein, and full of micronutrients. This Roasted Vegetable Power Bowl with Creamy Avocado Dressing has all of the above and really tasty, to boot!
I’ll be honest, I don’t eat a lot of vegetarian meals. My meal proteins usually consist of eggs, lean beef, skinless chicken breasts, fish, low-fat Greek yogurt, and whey protein powder. Typically, grains and legumes are a complement to my vegetables and favorite lean protein sources.
Plants can be really tasty. How you prepare and season them makes all the difference. I believe in eating a LOT of plant-based foods every single day. Vegetables make up the core of my plate, along with 3-4 oz lean protein, a serving of healthy fat, and fiber-rich whole grains and fruit at some of my meals.
Do you love plant-based power bowls? What are your favorite ingredients? You may also like this Protein Quinoa Bowl with Fresh Berries for a nutrient-dense breakfast meal.
Roasted Vegetable Power Bowl with Creamy Avocado Dressing
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 cups fresh cauliflower florets
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 1 cup cooked lentils prepared in vegetable broth according to package directions
- 1 cup cooked quinoa prepared in vegetable broth according to package directions
- extra virgin olive oil for drizzling over vegetables (can also use olive oil spray)
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 3 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp raw sugar or honey
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Spread broccoli, cauliflower and carrots evenly onto a roasting pan and drizzle with olive oil.
- Toss to coat veggies well.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes until vegetables are lightly browning and soft.
- While vegetables are roasting, divide lentils and quinoa evenly among 4 bowls.
- In a small blender or food processor, combine avocado, cilantro, yogurt, garlic, lime juice, sugar or honey, salt and onion powder.
- Blend until smooth.
- Top lentils and quinoa with hot roasted vegetables from the oven and drizzle the avocado dressing evenly among the four bowls.
- Enjoy immediately.