This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
This delicious healthy quinoa salad recipe is full of flavor and great textures with a sweet and savory flavor profile. Makes a great side dish!
This is one of the great recipes that I got from the “Healthy in a Hurry, Part 1” technique class at Williams Sonoma this past weekend. The focus was on Superfoods and how to incorporate them into your diet through delicious and speedy recipes.
They used the Vitamix to make all of the recipes except this tasty and colorful quinoa salad. This salad is jam-packed full of nutrients. Did you know that quinoa is a complete source of protein that contains all 9 essential amino acids?? Some people just can’t get used to the taste, but if you learn to prepare it properly, it’s actually quite delicious.
Instead of using all water to cook the quinoa, I used half chicken or beef stock and half water. This gives it a nice flavor. The original recipe also calls for dried cherries instead of cranberries, so you can adjust according to your preferences. Other good substitutions to this salad would be do use toasted pine nuts or walnuts instead of pistachios. Pistachios are my favorite nut, so I love them in this recipe! Serve alongside grilled tuna or chicken and you have a delicious meal.
How To Make Quinoa Salad
1 cup dry quinoa
1 cup water plus 1 cup of broth (chicken, beef, or vegetable)
Small head radicchio, cored and thinly sliced
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1/4 cup pistachios, chopped
3 tbsp fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
1/2 tsp sea salt
Fresh ground pepper, to taste
Rinse the quinoa in a fine-mesh strainer under cold water. In a saucepan over high heat, bring the water and stock to a boil. Add quinoa and reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer until grains are tender and liquid is absorbed about 15 minutes. Set aside and allow to cool. Transfer quinoa to a large bowl and add all other ingredients. Toss to mix and season with salt and pepper. Serve warm or room temperature. Store in the refrigerator.
I love the colors in this salad. Eating the rainbow never tasted so good!
More Delicious Quinoa Recipes
Quinoa Salad with Dried Cranberries and Pistachios
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup chicken broth beef, or vegetable
- 1 small head radicchio cored and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup pistachios chopped
- 3 tbsp fresh flat-leaf parsley chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- Rinse the quinoa in a fine mesh strainer under cold water.
- In a saucepan over high heat, bring the water and stock to a boil.
- Add quinoa and reduce heat to low.
- Cover and simmer until grains are tender and liquid is absorbed, about 15 minutes.
- Set aside and allow to cool.
- Transfer quinoa to a large bowl and add all other ingredients.
- Toss to mix and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve warm or room temperature.
- Store in the refrigerator.