A delicious and flavorful cranberry chicken recipe using cranberry sauce, orange marmalade, orange zest, dried cranberries, and onion soup mix. Best of all, it's super easy to make!
This Orange Cranberry Chicken recipe turned out scrumptious. I have to say, it wasn't the prettiest dish to photograph. It's one of those really tasty, but kinda ugly dishes. I gave it my best shot because we all thought it was worthy of the blog.
I love the blend of cranberry and orange flavors. The tangy flavor of the onion soup mix goes great with the sweet and tart flavors of the marmalade and cranberry sauce. I recommend serving the chicken over a bed of brown rice. The rice soaks up all the sauce and tastes amazing.
How To Make Orange Cranberry Chicken
6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 9oz jar cranberry sauce (such as R.W. Knudsen)
8oz fruit-based orange marmalade (such as Simply Fruit)
zest of one orange
2 envelopes dry onion soup mix
¼ cup dried cranberries (soak in orange juice for about 30 minutes and drain before adding to dish)
Arrange chicken breasts in a 9x13 baking dish. Mix all ingredients together and pour over chicken. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake for 15 minutes more.
Makes 6 servings.
This orange cranberry chicken is moist and delicious!
The Best Orange Cranberry Chicken
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 9 oz jar cranberry sauce
- 8 oz fruit based orange marmalade such as Simply Fruit
- zest of one orange
- 2 oz dried onion soup mix 2 envelopes
- ¼ cup dried cranberries soak in orange juice for about 30 minutes and drain before adding to dish
- Arrange chicken breasts in a 9x13 baking dish.
- Mix all ingredients together and pour over chicken.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for 15 minutes more.