This Cranberry Orange Chicken recipe turned out scrumptious. I have to say, it wasn’t the prettiest dish to photograph. It’s one of those really tasty, but kinda ugly dishes. I gave it my best shot, because we all thought is was worthy of the blog. I love the blend of cranberry and orange flavors. The tangy flavor of the onion soup mix goes great with the sweet and tart flavors of the marmalade and cranberry sauce. I recommend serving the chicken over a bed of brown rice. The rice soaks up all the sauce and tastes amazing. Enjoy~
Cranberry Orange Chicken
6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 9oz jar cranberry sauce (such as R.W. Knudsen)
8oz fruit based orange marmalade (such as Simply Fruit)
zest of one orange
2 envelopes dried onion soup mix
1/4 cup dried cranberries (soak in orange juice for about 30 minutes and drain before adding to dish)
Arrange chicken breasts in a 9×13 baking dish. Mix all ingredients together and pour over chicken. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake for 15 minutes more.
Makes 6 servings.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 9 oz jar cranberry sauce such as R.W. Knudsen
- 8 oz fruit based orange marmalade such as Simply Fruit
- zest of one orange
- 2 envelopes dried onion soup mix
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries soak in orange juice for about 30 minutes and drain before adding to dish
- Arrange chicken breasts in a 9x13 baking dish.
- Mix all ingredients together and pour over chicken.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for 15 minutes more.