These are my favorite green beans because they are quick and full of flavor.
I always use frozen organic green beans for this recipe because they don’t require as long of a cooking time. Southerners, traditionally, like their green beans softened, not steamed to a crisp texture. I enjoy them both ways, but this method is definitely my favorite. Let the beans thaw in the pan for an hour or so before cooking and drain the excess liquid. They get a little caramelized with the sauteing and it really brings out the great flavor. Enjoy~
Favorite Green Beans
- 5 cups frozen organic whole green beans thawed
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 packet concentrated liquid chicken stock dissolved into 1/4 cup water or 1/4 cup regular chicken stock
- 2 tbsp smart balance butter olive oil blend sticks
- 1 tsp fresh dill chopped fine
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Cook green beans in the chicken stock in a large saute pan over medium-high heat.
- Cook until liquid has evaporated and beans have softened.
- Add butter, garlic, almonds and dill and stir well coating the beans.
- Sauté until beans begin to carmelize and serve immediately.