An easy and delicious recipe for Crockpot Grassfed Beef Roast that's tender, juicy, and full of amazing flavor.
Nothing beats the comfort of a good pot roast for dinner. This Crockpot Grassfed Beef Roast is a hearty and satisfying meal. Let your slow cooker do the work for you all day (and make your kitchen smell amazing) and come home to a nutritious feast that the whole family will love.
How To Make Crockpot Grass-Fed Beef Roast
1 grass-fed chuck roast (about 3 lbs)
2 cloves of garlic, peeled
4-5 carrots, peeled and cut into thirds
1 sweet onion, sliced into 8 wedges
1 cup beef broth (I use Better Than Bouillon roasted beef base mixed with 1 cup of water *see photo below)
12 oz carton of Pacific Foods organic cream of mushroom soup
2 cups fresh sliced mushrooms (optional)
1-2 teaspoon garlic salt
fresh ground black pepper
McCormick's Montreal steak seasoning (optional..but it adds great flavor)
A few sprigs of fresh thyme
Peel carrots and cut into thirds.
Slice onion into eight wedges.
Whisk the beef stock or the roasted beef base mixed with boiling water and cream of mushroom soup together until mixed.
These are the products that I use and recommend for this recipe. I love the roasted beef base because it keeps for a long time in the refrigerator and adds incredible flavor to recipes. It's nice to always have concentrated beef stock on hand for cooking without wasting half a carton of stock when I only need a cup.
Place roast in the slow cooker and make two small slits on top. Insert garlic cloves in the slits and sprinkle garlic salt, steak seasoning (you can also use your favorite roast rub here ), and black pepper on top. Place carrots and onions around the sides of the roast and top with mushrooms. Pour soup mixture over roast and vegetables and top with sprigs of fresh thyme. Cook for 8 hours on Low or 4 hours on High then switch to 1 hour on Low.
So tender and delicious!!
I recommend cooking this roast low and slow for 8 hours to get it nice and tender, but if you are short on time it is fine to cook it on High for 4 hours and then turn it down to low for one more hour to finish cooking. I've done it both ways with great results.
What To Serve With Chuck Roast
You can't go wrong with serving this tender and flavorful roast on top of a bed of mashed potatoes or rice. The roast makes a delicious gravy to ladle on top. Other delicious side dish ideas are slow-roasted green beans, roasted broccoli (so easy-made from frozen broccoli crowns!), bacon fat-roasted brussels sprouts, and southern-style collard greens.
Crockpot Grassfed Beef Roast
- slow cooker
- 3 lb grassfed chuck roast or regular chuck roast
- 2 cloves of garlic peeled
- 5 carrots peeled and cut into thirds
- 1 sweet onion sliced into 8 wedges
- 1 cup beef broth *I use a teaspoon of Better Than Bouillon roasted beef base mixed in 1 cup of water. It adds great flavor!
- 1 carton of Pacific Foods organic cream of mushroom soup
- 1 pint fresh sliced mushrooms optional
- 1-2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon McCormick's Montreal steak seasoning optional..but it adds a nice flavor boost
- 3-4 sprigs of fresh thyme
- Place roast in slow cooker and make two small slits on top.
- Place garlic clove in the slits and sprinkle garlic salt, steak seasoning and black pepper on top.
- Place carrots and onions around the sides of the roast and top with mushrooms, if using.
- Mix cream of mushroom soup and beef broth with a whisk.
- Pour over roast and top with sprigs of thyme.
- Cook 8 hours on Low or 4 hours on High and then switch to 1 hour on Low. Roast is done when it shreds easily with a fork.