Instant Pot Cuban-Style Shredded Beef is a delicious nutrient-packed meal made with lean beef to keep you satisfied and energized for hours! *This Instant Pot Cuban-Style Shredded Beef recipe was created as part of my role as a beef ambassador for Beef. It’s What’s for Dinner. All opinions are my own.
In case you haven't noticed, I've officially joined the Instant Pot craze. I'm obsessed with this gadget and all of the cool things that it can do. It saves me time and energy in the kitchen, which is always a win!
Why I Love Instant Pot Cooking
One of my favorite things about Instant Pot cooking is how well it browns and tenderizes the meat. Sometimes slow cooking can break down muscle fibers a little too much. This is not the case with pressure cooking and you end up with fork-tender meat in a fraction of the time. For another beef recipe winner, check out this Instant Pot Mediterranean Beef. It's a family favorite around here!
Instant Pot Cuban-Style Shredded Beef For The Win
The inspiration for this recipe came from the Beef. It’s What’s for Dinner. website. I modified their recipe for Cuban-Style Shredded Beef to create an Instant Pot version that's simple and delicious. Be sure and bookmark their website for recipe inspiration. There are so many tasty and creative ideas for cooking with beef! I love their 30 minute or less category for time-saving dinner recipes. Who doesn't need to save time these days?!! You guys know that I'm all about easy!
If you want a low-carb option for this recipe, top the shredded beef over your favorite veggie noodles, like butternut squash or zucchini. Definitely check out my Zucchini Spaghetti for another super easy weeknight meal.
The olives are optional in this dish, but really make it sing if you're an olive fan!
Are you Instant Pot obsessed? If so, what's your favorite thing to make?
Instant Pot Cuban-Style Shredded Beef
- Pressure Cooker
- 1- 3-4 lb beef shoulder roast
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 tsp seasoned salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1- 6 oz can tomato paste
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp raw sugar
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 large onion thinly sliced
- 2 green peppers thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup fresh lime juice
- *optional: ½ cup chopped Spanish olives
- Set instant pot to "Saute" and add 2 tbsp olive oil. Stir together seasoned salt and pepper and rub all over the roast. Brown roast on all sides (about a minute each side) and hit "Cancel" when done. In a large bowl, whisk together beef broth, tomato paste, cumin, oregano, sugar and garlic. Stir in bay leaves and olives, if using, and pour mixture over roast in the pot. Top with peppers and onions. Set the Instant Pot to "Manual" high setting and program for 90 minutes. When timer beeps, press cancel and allow a natural release of the steam. Find and discard bay leaves, shred beef with two forks and stir in fresh lime juice. Serve over cooked rice and garnish with parsley, if desired.