*I’m a member of the Beef Expert Bureau and receive compensation to create tasty recipes with beef. All opinions are my own and not influenced in any way. I love lean beef as a nutrient-dense source of protein.
This month, The Recipe Redux bloggers are sharing a favorite Instant Pot, Slow Cooker or Pressure Cooker recipe to save time and beat the heat. Keep those ovens off, set it and forget it with these convenient and healthy recipes from some of your favorite health and wellness foodies! This delicious recipe for Easy Slow Cooker Mango Salsa Beef is a twist on an old favorite recipe for Mango Salsa Chicken that I posted back in 2014. I made a simple and tasty recipe even easier with fewer ingredients and an even better sweet and savory flavor combo. This delicious dish takes less than 10 minutes to throw together!!
You can easily adapt this recipe for the Instant Pot. Just brown the beef on the “sear” setting on the instant pot, then add remaining ingredients and reset on high for 40 minutes. Super easy! I served this over brown rice, but it would also be delicious over riced cauliflower. I’ll have to give that a go next time.
Simple and easy, this slow cooker mango salsa beef might become a new family favorite meal!
- 2 lbs beef round cut into chunks
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 24 oz jar Mango Salsa (or any other fruit-based jar of salsa)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped mango fresh or frozen
- 1 12 oz bag frozen pepper and onion blend
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large sauce pan over medium-high heat
- Add stew meat and brown on all sides
- Add meat to slow cooker
- Top with mangos, peppers and onions
- Stir the salsa and garlic together and pour on top, stir and season with salt and pepper
- Cook 6 hours on low.
- Serve over brown, white or wild rice.