A delicious and healthy recipe for Crockpot Sweet Potato Beef Stew that cooks in the slow cooker while you go about your day!
If you're craving healthy comfort food for a chilly fall evening, this delicious broth-based Crockpot Sweet Potato Beef Stew should hit the spot. The sweet potatoes are a tasty twist to classic white potatoes in this dish. They give a hint of sweetness to contrast the savory flavors in this hearty meal.
Protein-Packed Comfort Food
I'm a big fan of hearty beef soups. This Easy Beef Pho Bar is quick to make and makes a healthy weeknight meal. Another time-saver is this Slow Cooker Lean Beef Black Bean Chili. You get a lot of fiber and muscle-building protein in this comfort food meal. Soups are great one-dish meals that make clean-up a breeze.
- Beef stew meat
- Fresh garlic
- Bay leaf
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 4-5 carrots
- Beef broth
- Tomato paste
- Worchestershire sauce
- Red wine (Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, or Pinot Noir would work well)
- Spices: thyme, paprika, salt, pepper
Combine all ingredients into a slow cooker and cook on Low for 8-9 hours or on High for 5 hours and turn down to Low for one additional hour until meat is very tender.
Crockpot Sweet Potato Beef Stew
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 lbs stew meat cubed
- 2 large sweet potatoes peeled and cut into chunks
- 4-5 large carrots peeled and sliced into 1? pieces
- 1 stalk celery sliced into small pieces
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 5 cups beef broth
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 sprig fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- ½ cup good red wine Pinot Noir, Cab Sav or Merlot would work well
- *additional sea salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a large slowcooker.
- Cook on Low 8-9 hours on High for 5 hours, then turn down to low for one additional hour.
- Meat should be very tender when done.