If you’re craving healthy comfort food for a chilly fall evening, this delicious broth-based Crockpot Sweet Potato Beef Stew should hit the spot. The sweet potatoes are a tasty twist to classic white potatoes in this dish. They give a hint of sweetness to contrast the savory flavors in this hearty meal.
I’m a big fan of hearty beef soups. This Easy Beef Pho Bar is quick to make and makes a healthy weeknight meal. Another time-saver is this Slow Cooker Lean Beef Black Bean Chili. You get a lot of fiber and muscle-building protein in this comfort food meal.
Soups are great one-dish meals that make clean-up a breeze!
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 lbs stew meat cubed
- 2 large sweet potatoes peeled and cut into chunks
- 4-5 large carrots peeled and sliced into 1? pieces
- 1 stalk celery sliced into small pieces
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 5 cups beef broth
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 sprig fresh thyme or 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 tsp seasoned salt
- 1/2 cup good red wine Pinot Noir, Cab Sav or Merlot would work well
- *additional sea salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a large crock pot
- Cook on low 10-12 hours or high for 5 hours, then turn down to low for another hour
- Meat should be very tender when done.