Slow cooker beef chili is a hearty, comfort food dinner recipe, made with lean ground beef in a slow cooker. This great fall recipe is so simple to throw together. It’s delicious served over brown rice with a little hot sauce!
This slow cooker beef chili recipe uses a blend of three types of beans; black, pinto, and kidney. Feel free to use whatever type of beans you like.
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 15 oz cans organic tri-bean blend (dark red kidney beans, pinto beans and black beans), drained and rinsed well *Can use pre-cooked beans from dried
- 2 14 1/2 oz cans garlic and onion petite diced tomatoes, including juice *can sub chopped fresh tomatoes with juice-may need to add a little beef broth if using fresh tomatoes
- 3 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp freshly cracked pepper
- dash hot sauce
- Cook ground beef, onion and garlic in a large sauté pan over medium heat until meat is fully cooked
- Add beef mixture to slow cooker
- Add remaining ingredients to the slow cooker
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 5-6 hours