Air Fry Lemon pepper chicken wings are perfect to serve for game day snacks, appetizers, or as a main dish for dinner. Crispy baked chicken wings with amazing lemon pepper flavor!
Disclosure:*T-fal provided me with this product to review. All opinions are my own and not influenced in any way. Post update: I have adapted this recipe in August 2020 to include recommended cooking temperatures and times for newer model air fryers.
I have a bit of an obsession with chicken wings. Restaurant wings are fried in unhealthy oils and full of grease. You can make them at home (lemon pepper chicken wings are our favorite) with healthier methods that yield equally delicious results.
I am loving my new Actifry from T-fal for making better versions of my favorite foods, like these Air Fry Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings, without the extra fat and calories. Looking for a boneless chicken air fryer recipe? These juicy air fryer chicken cutlets are a must-try recipe! If you're a sweet potato fan, these air fry sweet potato fries are a great side dish for your wings! We also love this lemon pepper marinade for grilled chicken.
How Does An Air Fryer Work?
The Actifry, specifically, uses patented technology with pulsed hot air and constant stirring of ingredients with a paddle that allows food to cook perfectly without excess oil, with this appliance you only need 1 tablespoon! Some air fryers use just air and a ventilated base for the food. The hot air is circulated quickly to evenly "fry" the food.
It's simple to clean, most parts are dishwasher safe. Best of all, it's very easy to use and comes with a cookbook full of delicious recipes to get you started. You even get meal plan ideas. Bonus!!
This is a well-made cooking gadget. All of the parts seem very durable and I love how easily it disassembles for quick clean-up. This is a big deal for me because I hate washing dishes by hand. I'm guilty of throwing just about anything in the dishwasher.
In the ActiFry, these air fry lemon pepper chicken wings aren't quite as crispy as traditional deep-fried chicken wings. However, they're close and much healthier for a "fried" version! In my newer model air fryer, they cook to perfection, juicy on the inside with a nice, crispy skin without frying. I updated to a Cuisinart countertop air fryer last year and loving the results that I'm getting with the updated air fry technology. As you can see, I originally posted this recipe in 2013 and air fryers have come a long way!
If you don't have an air fryer, I've included an oven-baked recipe option. Baking wings is my second favorite method of achieving crispy wings without extra fat and calories.
Air Fry Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings
Method In The ActiFry:
Place seasoned wings in the air fryer with the tablespoon of olive oil and cook for 30-40 minutes.
Air Fried Chicken Wings In Newer Model Air Fryers:
Spray chicken wings with olive oil spray, or use a pastry brush to lightly coat wings with EVOO, and toss with lemon pepper seasoning. Place in the air fryer basket with space in between for the air to circulate and evenly cook the wings. Air fry at 400 degrees F. for 20-25 minutes. Always check your air fryer model for specific directions.
Don't have an air fryer? No worries, you can make these wings in the oven. Just toss wings in olive oil and sprinkle generously with lemon pepper. Bake at 425 degrees F for 30 minutes, turn and cook 15 minutes more until crispy. Serve and enjoy.
More Air Fryer Favorites
Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings (oven or air fryer recipe)
- Air Fryer
- your favorite brand of lemon-pepper seasoning season to taste
- 2 lbs fresh chicken wings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil *or olive oil cooking spray for newer model air fryers
- In a large bowl, generously toss wings with lemon pepper to coat (the amount is up to you...we like a lot of seasoning).
- For The Actifry:
- Place wings in the air fryer with the tablespoon of oil and cook for 30-40 minutes (the Actifry cookbook says 25-30, but that wasn't at all done enough for us...we like the skin crispy!)
- For Newer Model Air Fryers (always check your appliance for recommended cooking instructions since they do vary):
- Spray wings with olive oil cooking spray (you can also brush the oil on the wings with a pastry brush) and toss with lemon pepper to coat.
- Place wings in the air fryer basket, leaving space in between the wings to circulate air.
- Cook at 400 degrees F. for 20-25 minutes.
- Don't have an air fryer? No worries, you can make these wings in the oven. Just toss wings in olive oil and sprinkle generously with lemon pepper. Bake at 425 degrees F for 30 minutes, turn and cook 15 minutes more until crispy. Serve and enjoy.