Today’s seafood feature provides heart-healthy Omega-3 fatty acids and lots of delicious southern flavor! This is the second recipe that I created, in a seafood round-up, for Acme market‘s newsletter, The Weekly Nibble. You can serve these salmon patties as a meal, with your favorite side salad and vegetables or make them into smaller portions and serve as an appetizer. Enjoy!
Salmon Patties With Lemon Dill Yogurt SaucePrint Pin Rate
- For the patties:
- 2 6oz cans Wild Alaskan salmon
- 4 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup gluten-free breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 small Vidalia onion finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 3 tbsp butter
- paprika salt and pepper, to taste
- For the sauce:
- 1 7oz container 2% plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp fresh dill chopped
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- Fresh artisan lettuce greens
- For the Salmon patties:
- Drain salmon and put into a medium size bowl.
- Make sure all bones are removed.
- Combine salmon, eggs, breadcrumbs, cornmeal, garlic powder, onion and lemon juice and mix well. Form into 6 patties and season with salt, pepper and a sprinkle of paprika.
- Heat butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Cook patties until nice and golden on each side.
- Keep patties warm and prepare the sauce.
- Stir yogurt, lemon juice, lemon zest, fresh dill and dijon in a small bowl.
- Place salmon patties over fresh artisan lettuce and drizzle with sauce.