This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
This delicious and easy soup white bean soup recipe is made with chopped collard greens, carrots, onions, Italian sausage, olive oil, and white cannellini beans.*This post is sponsored by WP Rawl. All opinions are my own.
Leafy green vegetables are an important part of a nutritious diet and this Italian Sausage White Bean and Collard Green soup is a delicious way to eat your daily greens! I used Nature’s Greens® collards from WP Rawl in this recipe to make preparation fast and easy.
No need to spend time washing and chopping your green vegetables when you can buy them already pre-washed and chopped in the bag. Easy peasy!
WP Rawl is a family-owned farm based out of my home state of South Carolina. They started out in the 1920’s selling peaches and have evolved to selling greens and specialty vegetables. I love supporting family-owned businesses and spreading the word about their high-quality products.
Not only are their greens super convenient, but they are tender and delicious, too. You can browse their website for more information about the products they carry and where you can find them for yourself.
Tips For Reducing Calories
I love the flavor combination of pork and greens and this soup did not disappoint. If you wanted to lighten up the calories a bit, you can easily swap out the Italian sausage for turkey or chicken sausage instead.
Collard greens provide great micronutrients that your body needs and more than your daily recommended amount of vitamin A. You also get a generous amount of vitamin C, calcium and fiber with only 25 calories per 2 1/2 cup serving! Fill up your plate with nutrient-dense green vegetables for a leaner waistline!
This hearty gluten-free soup is fast to throw together. The soup simmers a while on the stove to tenderize the collards and deepen the flavors. If you are pressed for time, you can brown the sausage first. Then throw everything in a slow cooker and cook on low for 6 hours. Gotta love when easy meets healthy AND delicious!
When it’s cold outside, this white bean soup is the perfect healthy meal.
Italian Sausage White Bean Soup with Collard Greens
- 1 lb mild Italian sausage casings removed
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 large carrots peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 16 oz bag Nature's Greens® collard greens
- 19 oz can white cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp green Tabasco sauce
- 2 tbsp good quality balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil on medium heat in a large pot or dutch oven.
- Add sausage and cook, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink, about 10 minutes.
- Remove sausage from pot and set aside.
- Add carrots, onions and garlic to the pot and cook, stirring often, until onions are soft.
- Add sausage back to the pot and all remaining ingredients, except beans.
- Cover the pot with a lid and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, vent lid, and cook for 20 minutes.
- Add beans and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Serve with a crusty baguette, for dipping, and hot sauce.