This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
Slow cooker vegetarian chili made with 4 different kinds of canned beans is the perfect weeknight dinner because it's so incredibly easy to make. The perfect meatless meal recipe for busy days.
This vegetarian chili is an easy dump-and-go meal, with the exception of a little saute prep for some of the veggies. Don't let the baked beans scare you away from making this recipe! It sounds weird, I know, but it's good in this dish...I promise. I go for an organic brand that doesn't use high fructose corn syrup. Whole Foods and Trader Joe's have a good selection of baked beans with minimal ingredients.
This chili has great flavor without the meat. However, feel free to add in 1 lb of cooked lean ground beef for extra protein. Serve over Jasmine or brown rice, if desired. This hearty vegetarian chili is good simple comfort food.
How To Make Easy Slow Cooker Vegetarian Chili
Shopping List For This Recipe:
- 15 oz can black beans
- 2- 15 oz cans kidney beans
- 15 oz can great Northern beans
- 16 oz can vegetarian baked beans
- 2-15 oz cans fire-roasted crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup frozen white shoepeg corn
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Large sweet onion
- 1 green pepper
- 2 zucchini
- celery-2 stalks
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 oz can diced green chilies
- 1 jalapeño
- Chili powder
- Franks Red Hot sauce
- salt and pepper
How To Store Vegetarian Chili
After the chili has cooled, store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 5 days. This chili freezes great and makes a great meal prep recipe to cook and freeze for later. Chili can be frozen in a freezer-proof sealed container for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator prior to reheating for the best results.
Slow Cooker Vegetarian Chili
- slow cooker
- 15 oz canned black beans undrained
- 30 oz canned kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 15 oz canned great northern beans drained and rinsed
- 16 oz canned vegetarian baked beans without HFCS
- 30 oz canned fire roasted crushed tomatoes I use Muir Glen
- 1 cup frozen white corn thawed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 sweet onion chopped
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 2 zucchini chopped
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 4 oz. canned diced chilies
- 1 jalapeno chopped
- 1 ½ tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- ¼ cup Franks red hot sauce
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Saute onion, bell pepper, zucchini, celery, garlic and jalapeno in olive oil over medium heat for about 5 minutes or until soft.
- Combine with all other ingredients into a large slow cooker and cook for about 6 hours on low.
- Serve over brown rice, if desired.