This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
An easy and delicious oven-baked skillet nachos recipe made with tortilla chips, black beans, seasoned ground beef, and shredded cheese baked in a cast-iron skillet.
This recipe couldn’t be any easier and best of all it’s ready to eat in 20 minutes! Skillet nachos are perfect to whip up for a quick party appetizer or served as a kid-friendly weeknight dinner.
If I’m serving nachos as a meal, I’ll chop up some fresh veggies, like peppers, radishes, tomatoes, etc. to go along with it. You can easily make this a well-rounded meal that the whole family is excited about eating. I mean, who doesn’t love nachos for dinner?!!
How To Make Beef Nachos In A Skillet
Shopping List For This Recipe:
- Whole Grain Tortilla Chips (I go for a thicker chip for this recipe that can hold up well under toppings)
- 1 lb of lean ground beef
- Taco seasoning (can also use this homemade taco seasoning blend)
- 15 oz can black beans
- 8 oz block low-fat cheddar cheese (I typically go for Cabot cheddar since it’s lactose-free)
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- Medium ripe avocado
- And any garnishes for serving
What To Serve With Skillet Nachos
Don’t forget the salsa and toppings! This homemade salsa recipe would be perfect to serve alongside these tasty beef nachos, or how about the best Texas Caviar you’ll ever eat?! Here are a few more great additions to serve with nachos…
- Homemade guacamole
- Mexican Crema or Sour Cream
- Crumbled Queso Fresco Cheese
- Shredded lettuce
- Pickled Jalapenos
- Chopped Onions (Green, White, or Red)
- Chopped Fresh Tomatoes
- Sauteed Peppers and Onions
- Sliced Black Olives
- Sliced Radishes
If you’re a huge nacho fan, like me, you should also try these easy Oven-Baked Loaded Chicken Nachos!
Easy Beef Skillet Nachos
- Cast-iron skillet
- 1 lb 93% lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup taco seasoning
- 2/3 cup water
- 4 oz tortilla chips *enough to cover the bottom of the skillet
- 1 cup canned black beans rinsed and drained
- 8 oz 50% fat sharp cheddar cheese shredded from the block (can also use Pepper Jack cheese)
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro *for garnish
- 1 medium avocado *for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- In a medium-size skillet, brown ground beef over medium heat until no longer pink, about 7 minutes.
- Add taco seasoning and water and cook, stirring occasionally, another 2-3 minutes until liquid is absorbed.
- Place the tortilla chips in a large cast iron skillet, and spread out evenly to cover the bottom of the skillet.
- Top with the seasoned cooked ground beef.
- Add a layer of black beans on top of the meat.
- Sprinkle evenly with the shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes, until cheese is evenly melted.
- Garnish with chopped fresh avocado and cilantro.