This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
This homemade cranberry sauce is delicious and easy to prepare, made with fresh-squeezed orange juice, zest, coconut sugar, and fresh whole cranberries.
Whole berry cranberry sauce is a staple condiment for Thanksgiving and holiday meals, made by cooking fresh cranberries with water, sugar, and spices. This recipe is made without refined ingredients, using coconut sugar instead of refined white sugar and a combination of fresh citrus (juice and zest), nutmeg and cinnamon. The result is just as delicious, if not better, than the traditional recipe. Best of all, this homemade cranberry sauce is so easy to prepare! It's the perfect addition to your holiday spread.
In addition to serving this with a traditional Thanksgiving dinner, this cranberry sauce is a great side dish with chicken or pork. I've even seen it used on gorgonzola stuffed burgers! After the holidays are over, I love using the leftovers to make these delicious Sprouted Grain Turkey, Cranberry and Brie paninis.
Cranberry sauce from a can just doesn't compare to homemade cranberry sauce!
How To Make Homemade Cranberry Sauce
12 oz package whole fresh cranberries
1 cup coconut sugar (can substitute brown sugar)
½ cup water
¼ cup freshly squeezed orange juice
1 tbsp orange zest
1 cinnamon stick
dash freshly grated nutmeg
Combine all ingredients into a saucepan.
Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook for 10 minutes on a low boil, stirring occasionally. Cool to room temperature, then cover and chill until ready to serve.
Simple Homemade Cranberry Sauce
- 12 oz package whole fresh cranberries
- 1 cup coconut sugar can sub natural brown sugar
- ¾ cup water
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- 1 cinnamon stick
- dash freshly grated nutmeg
- Combine all ingredients into a sauce pan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook for 10 minutes on a low boil, stirring occasionally. Cool to room temperature, then cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Herb-Roasted Sheet Pan Chicken with Potatoes and Green Beans - February 8, 2021
- 50 Easy Breakfast Meal Prep Recipes - February 3, 2021
- Healthy Mixed Berry Smoothie - February 1, 2021