This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
Gluten-free sweet potato casserole is a wheat-free version of a classic holiday recipe for sweet potato casserole.
Sweet potato casserole is one of my favorite holiday side dishes. I’ve given it a gluten-free makeover and it turned out amazing! It’s the perfect side dish to serve with a Thanksgiving meal, or really, any time of the year. It’s delicious alongside homemade cranberry sauce!
My sister-in-law has always made sweet potato casserole for our family Thanksgiving dinner. It’s the bomb, but since Flynn has discovered that his body really doesn’t like gluten we have had to make some adjustments to the traditional recipe.
You honestly cannot tell the difference, it turned out so good that I had to share. Holidays are a time for good food and family traditions. There are just some recipes that I only enjoy at certain times of the year. It’s pretty simple to make adjustments to my healthy eating plan to work in my favorite, more indulgent foods for special occasions.
I hope you love this gluten-free sweet potato casserole recipe, too!
For the filling:
4 cups mashed sweet potatoes
1 cup of coconut sugar
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup whole milk or unsweetened almond milk (I use almond milk)
1/2 cup grass-fed butter, melted
For the topping:
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup King Arthur all-purpose gluten-free flour
1/3 cup grass-fed butter, melted
2 cups chopped raw pecans
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Combine all filling ingredients in a large bowl. Pour into a buttered 2-quart casserole dish. Mix topping ingredients until well combined and spread on top of the filling. Bake for 30-40 minutes until the filling starts bubbling and topping is lightly browned.
Gluten-Free Sweet Potato Casserole
For the filling
- 4 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup whole milk or unsweetened almond milk I use almond milk
- 1/2 cup grassfed butter melted
For the topping
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup King Arthur all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 1/3 cup grassfed butter melted
- 2 cups chopped raw pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Combine all filling ingredients in a large bowl. Pour into a buttered 2 quart casserole dish. Mix topping ingredients until well combined and spread on top of the filling. Bake for 30-40 minutes until filling starts bubbling and topping is lightly browned.
Latest posts by Amee Livingston (see all)
- The Best Baked Brie with Apricot Jam & Almonds - December 3, 2019
- Amazing Green Bean Casserole From Scratch - November 24, 2019
- Applewood Bacon-Wrapped Venison Loin with Raspberry Sauce - November 15, 2019