This Peppermint Patty Protein Shake is festive and delicious! It's the perfect way to celebrate the season while staying on track with your protein goals. This favorite chocolate peppermint shake combination is made with grass-fed whey protein, milk of choice (I used almond), hemp seeds, cocoa, and peppermint stevia.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- Quick and nutritious. Make this festive holiday drink for a filling breakfast, snack, or post-workout meal in minutes.
- Protein-packed! The combination of whey protein and hemp seeds gives you a whopping 33 grams of protein per serving!
- Customizable. You can use either vanilla or chocolate whey protein to suit your taste preferences.
- It's delicious. This satisfying shake tastes like a decadent holiday treat!
Ingredients You'll Need
- Milk of Choice - Go with your favorite milk preference for this shake. For nutrition info purposes, I used unsweetened almond milk. Regular milk, oat milk, soy milk, and other nut milk varieties work great, too.
- Frozen Milk Cubes - Using milk frozen in ice cube trays makes a creamier shake. Feel free to use ice if you prefer. I used frozen unsweetened almond milk in my recipe.
- Protein Powder (Vanilla or Chocolate) - Use your favorite brand.
- Peppermint Stevia Drops- I love using NuNaturals Peppermint Stevia Drops for this recipe. It's not as strong as peppermint extract and adds a lovely subtle peppermint flavor. You can use peppermint extract, but it's strong, so a tiny bit goes a LONG way. Stevia drops are great because they are diluted and add a bit of sweetness.
- Hemp Seeds - are an excellent source of Omega-3 fatty acids.
- Cocoa Powder- for extra chocolatey goodness. Dark chocolate cocoa powder is great if you like a rich chocolate flavor.
- Whipped Cream- this is completely optional, but makes this shake taste more like a delicious dessert. The nutrition information includes 2 tablespoon of whipped cream.
- Mini Candy Cane, crushed- for extra peppermint flavor. This ingredient is also included in the nutrition for this recipe.
How To Make A Peppermint Patty Protein Shake
Add the first six ingredients into a blender jar. Blend until smooth and creamy. Top with whipped cream and crushed peppermint, if desired. Serve immediately.
If you love this recipe I would be so grateful if you could leave a 5-star 🌟rating in the recipe card below. I love reading your comments and feedback!
Peppermint Patty Protein Shake
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk or milk of choice
- ½ cup frozen almond milk cubes or frozen milk of choice, or ice
- 1 scoop whey protein powder vanilla or chocolate
- 1-2 drops peppermint stevia drops
- 1 tablespoon raw shelled hemp seeds
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoon whipped cream *optional
- 1 mini candy cane crushed
- Add all ingredients in a blender.
- Blend and enjoy