This power smoothie is my new favorite meal-replacement smoothie recipe made with kale greens, Greek yogurt, fruit, oats and stevia.
I’ll have one of these Power Smoothies for breakfast or lunch for a quick, nutritious and guilt-free meal. If you have trouble eating enough greens during your day, DRINK THEM! The kale is barely noticeable in this smoothie and it’s packed with healthy goodness! Here is a great article on the health benefits of kale here. Make sure that you blend this power smoothie long enough to achieve a smooth consistency.
I love smoothies and protein shake recipes for a fast grab-and-go meal. A few more favorites (I have so many on the blog!) are this healthy but indulgent Cherry Vanilla Protein Milkshake, Key Lime Pie Smoothie (it actually tastes just like the pie, only much better for you!) and Chocolate Date Supershake made with pitted dates, cacao nibs and almonds. So good!!
Power Smoothie Recipe:
- 1/4 cup plain fat-free greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup frozen strawberries or blueberries I like to use half and half
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1 cup organic unsweetened soy milk can also use skim milk
- 1/3 cup quick oats dry
- 1 cup kale chopped into small pieces ( I buy mine already chopped for convenience)
- dash ground cinnamon
- 2 packets stevia sweetener can also use agave nectar or raw honey to taste
- 3-4 ice cubes.
- Combine all ingredients in a blender
- Blend and enjoy
Blend until smooth, scraping down sides in the process. You may need to add a bit more soy milk to your desired consistency. You can feel great drinking this shake! It’s so good for you!!