This power smoothie is my new favorite meal-replacement smoothie recipe. I’ll have one of these Power Smoothies for breakfast or lunch for a quick, nutritious and guilt-free meal. If you have trouble eating enough greens during your day, DRINK THEM! The kale is barely noticeable in this smoothie and it’s packed with healthy goodness! Here is a great article on the health benefits of kale here. Make sure that you blend this power smoothie long enough to achieve a smooth consistency.
Power Smoothie Recipe:
- 1/4 cup plain fat-free greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup frozen strawberries or blueberries I like to use half and half
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1 cup organic unsweetened soy milk can also use skim milk
- 1/3 cup quick oats dry
- 1 cup kale chopped into small pieces ( I buy mine already chopped for convenience)
- dash ground cinnamon
- 2 packets stevia sweetener can also use agave nectar or raw honey to taste
- 3-4 ice cubes.
- Combine all ingredients in a blender
- Blend and enjoy
Blend until smooth, scraping down sides in the process. You may need to add a bit more soy milk to your desired consistency. You can feel great drinking this shake! It’s so good for you!!