This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
A delicious way to satisfy your Nutella cravings is to make this nutrient-dense Nutella Protein Shake recipe made with whey protein, cocoa, and lightly toasted hazelnuts.
I came up with my own version of a Nutella protein shake, to satisfy my wicked Nutella cravings. There's actually no Nutella in this shake, but you get the wonderful chocolate hazelnut flavor. This drink is a meal in a glass with whey protein as the main source of protein. You also get a little extra protein (about 4 grams) from the hazelnuts, along with antioxidants from the cocoa. This shake is delicious and filling without all the added calories and sugar. However, feel free to add a dollop of Nutella and swirl it into the shake. Absolutely no judgment here. 😉
Nutella Protein Shake
28 grams of unflavored whey protein powder
1 ½ cups unsweetened almond milk (can also use coconut milk or regular milk)
½ cup ice
½ frozen banana
2 tbsp chopped and very lightly toasted hazelnuts
1 ⅔ tbsp cocoa powder
1 packet of stevia (I use Whole Earth sweetener)
splash good quality vanilla extract
*Optional: A teaspoon of Nutella swirled in 😉
Blend all in a Vitamix or blender and serve immediately. Makes one large serving or two small (snack size) servings.
More Delicious Protein Shake Recipes
Nutella Protein Shake
- 28 g unflavored whey protein powder
- 1 ½ cups unsweetened almond milk can also use coconut milk or regular milk
- ½ cup ice
- ½ frozen banana
- 2 tbsp chopped and very lightly toasted hazelnuts
- 1 ⅔ tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 packet stevia I use Whole Earth sweetener
- splash good quality vanilla extract
- Blend all in a Vitamix or blender and serve immediately.
- Makes one large serving or two small (snack size) servings.
- Herb-Roasted Sheet Pan Chicken with Potatoes and Green Beans - February 8, 2021
- 50 Easy Breakfast Meal Prep Recipes - February 3, 2021
- Healthy Mixed Berry Smoothie - February 1, 2021