This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
I came up with my own version of a healthy “Nutella” protein shake, to satisfy my wicked Nutella cravings. There’s actually no Nutella in this shake, but you get the wonderful chocolate hazelnut flavor. This drink is a nutritional powerhouse with hemp seeds as the main source of protein. You also get a little extra protein (about 4 grams) from the hazelnuts, along with antioxidants from the cocoa. Hemp seeds are high in Omega 3’s and contain all 10 essential amino acids. This shake is delicious and filling without all the added calories and sugar!
“Nutella” Protein Shake
3 tbsp organic raw shelled hemp seeds
1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk (can also use coconut, rice or hemp milk)
1/2 cup ice
1/2 frozen banana
1/4 cup chopped and very lightly toasted hazelnuts
1 tbsp + 2 tsp cacao or cocoa powder
1 1/2 tbsp real maple syrup (can also use a packet of stevia)
splash good quality vanilla extract
Blend all in a Vitamix or blender and serve immediately. Makes one large serving or two small (snack size) servings.
- 3 tbsp organic raw shelled hemp seeds
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk can also use coconut, rice or hemp milk
- 1/2 cup ice
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1/4 cup chopped and very lightly toasted hazelnuts
- 1 tbsp + 2 tsp cacao or cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp real maple syrup can also use a packet of stevia
- splash good quality vanilla extract
- Blend all in a Vitamix or blender and serve immediately.
- Makes one large serving or two small (snack size) servings.