A delicious and easy recipe for Ham Hashbrown Casserole made with refrigerated hashbrowns, diced ham, sour cream, and sharp cheddar cheese. This recipe makes a great brunch casserole, dinner entrée, or side dish.
This simple hashbrown casserole makes a super easy, kid-friendly dinner. Serve it up with steamed vegetables, or enjoy it as a tasty breakfast casserole. It's also great with cooked crumbled sausage in place of the ham. Does anything really taste bad that's loaded with cheese?!!
Also, when buying cheese, go for the block of cheese and shred it yourself. It might be an extra step, but it tastes so much better. The coating on pre-shredded cheese can affect the creaminess of the dish. I use a salad shooter to shred a block of cheese in a matter of seconds. It's the best kitchen gadget/hack ever! It makes life so much easier.
Another potato casserole favorite is this Loaded Potato Breakfast Casserole. Let me know if you try it! It's breakfast heaven, y'all!!
How To Make Ham Hashbrown Casserole
2 cups diced cooked ham
1 (20oz) bag shredded hashbrowns (in the refrigerated section)
1 (12oz) carton Pacific Foods organic cream of chicken soup (there is no wheat in this creamed-based soup)
¾ cup sour cream
¼ cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
1 ¾ cups low-fat sharp cheddar cheese (I used sharp white cheddar)
¼ cup Grassfed butter, melted
¼ teaspoon paprika
sea salt and pepper to taste
Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 2-quart casserole dish with non-stick olive oil spray. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, reserving ¾ cup of the shredded cheddar cheese. Spread into the casserole dish and top with remaining cheese.
Bake for 45 minutes or until hashbrowns are tender.
This Cheesy Ham & Hashbrown Casserole can be assembled in advance and refrigerated until you are ready to bake. Store any leftovers in the refrigerator for up to five days.
Cheesy Ham Hashbrown Casserole
- 2 cups diced cooked ham
- 20 oz bag shredded hashbrowns in the refrigerated section
- 12 oz carton Pacific Foods organic cream of chicken soup
- ¾ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese freshly grated
- 1 ¾ cups low-fat sharp cheddar cheese I used sharp white cheddar
- ¼ cup butter melted
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 2 quart casserole dish with non-stick olive oil spray.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, reserving ¾ cup of the shredded cheddar cheese.
- Spread into the casserole dish and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until hashbrowns are tender