This recipe for herb roasted carrots is another Ina Garten inspired recipe that I love. It's been a staple recipe in my house for years. These carrots are a cinch to make. Don't skip the fresh dill, it's the perfect enhancement to bring out the natural sweetness of the carrots. I added some fresh orange zest to the recipe to really make these carrots sing.
Herb Roasted Carrots make the perfect side dish to just about any meal. I love making this simple side dish recipe for holidays and special occasions. It's effortless to make and elegant to serve. Not to mention, they are crazy delicious!!
I call these carrots veggie candy!
This simple carrot recipe will be a hit at your next holiday meal!
Easy Herb Roasted Carrots
12 carrots, peeled and sliced diagonally in 1 ½ inch slices
3 tablespoon good olive oil
1 ¼ teaspoon kosher or sea salt
½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
1 teaspoon fresh orange zest
2 tablespoon fresh dill
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. If your carrots are thick, cut in half lengthwise before slicing into large chunks.
Toss them will all other ingredients. Transfer to a sheet pan and roast 20 minutes, until brown and tender.
Garnish with fresh herbs and serve.
These oven roasted carrots are addicting!
How to Make Oven Roasted Carrots:
Oven Roasted Carrots
- 12 carrots peeled and sliced diagonally into 1 ½ inch slices (If your carrots are thick, cut in half lengthwise before slicing into large chunks.)
- 3 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh orange zest
- 1 ¼ teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoon fresh dill or parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl and whisk to combine. Toss carrots in mixture to coat.
- Transfer to a sheet pan and roast 20 minutes, or until browned and tender. Garnish with additional fresh dill, if desired.