This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
This deliciously easy pizza sauce from scratch uses tomato sauce, tomato paste, onions, olive oil, garlic and herbs and makes the perfect topper for your homemade pizza recipes!
Isn’t homemade pizza the best?!!! It’s definitely one of my kid’s favorite meals. I’d much rather make it at home than have it delivered. It’s fun to get creative with toppings and let everyone come up with their own customized version.
I’ve been making this easy pizza sauce from scratch for a while, It’s so much more flavorful than the store bought stuff and makes the best pizza! This recipe makes enough homemade pizza sauce for 3-4 pizzas. Store any remaining sauce in the refrigerator.
How To Make Easy Pizza Sauce From Scratch
This tasty sauce only requires a few simple steps. First, sauté the onions and garlic in olive oil.
Then add all of the other ingredients and give it a stir.
Simmer sauce for 10-15 minutes and you’re done! Top your favorite pizza crust with sauce and then layer on your favorite toppings. Why do delivery when homemade pizza is this easy and good! If you’re a pizza lover and you don’t mind getting adventurous beyond traditional pizza toppings, you should give this Balsamic Glazed Chicken Arugula Pizza a try. It’s a personal favorite!
For a delicious low-carb option, I love these Grilled Pizza Zucchini Boats!
Easy Pizza Sauce From Scratch Recipe
- 1/2 onion minced
- 1 clove garlic finely minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 16 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 8 oz can tomato paste
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp fresh basil
- 1 tsp oregano fresh or freeze dried
- 1/2 tsp sea salt.
- Saute minced onion and garlic in olive oil until tender.
- Add the rest of the ingredients in the skillet and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Makes enough sauce for 2-3 pizzas. Bon Appetit!
Latest posts by Amee Livingston (see all)
- The Best Baked Brie with Apricot Jam & Almonds - December 3, 2019
- Amazing Green Bean Casserole From Scratch - November 24, 2019
- Applewood Bacon-Wrapped Venison Loin with Raspberry Sauce - November 15, 2019