This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
Gluten Free Oven Fried Eggplant is a delicious lighter fried eggplant recipe that can be used for making eggplant parmesan, eaten plain or used to make scrumptious eggplant mozzarella stacks.
Our favorite way to eat oven fried eggplant is layered with fresh buffalo mozzarella, marinara sauce, fresh basil leaves and a good quality shredded Parmesan cheese. So incredibly delicious!! It’s deceivingly easy to make, too. Preparation only takes a few minutes and the results are worthy of a five star restaurant. Seriously, you need to make these oven fried eggplant stacks ASAP!
How To Make Easy Oven Fried Eggplant
1/2 cup avocado oil mayonnaise (I use Chosen Foods brand) or homemade Paleo mayonnaise
1 tbsp finely minced onion (you can also use freeze-dried minced red onion)
1 lb unpeeled eggplant, sliced-about 12 (1/2 inch slices)
1/3 cup fine dry gluten-free breadcrumbs
1/3 cup fresh grated parmesan
1/2 tsp dried Italian seasoning
salt and pepper to taste
olive oil cooking spray (use a pure oil spray, like Chosen Foods brand)
Combine mayo and onion and spread evenly over eggplant slices on both sides with a pastry brush, being sure to coat each side for breading to stick. Combine breadcrumbs, parm, Italian seasoning and salt and pepper. Dredge eggplant in breading mixture. Place eggplant on a baking sheet sprayed with olive oil cooking spray.
*Tip: Do not use an air bake cookie sheet, make sure it’s a regular baking sheet for proper browning.
Spray the top of the breaded eggplant with a light coating of the olive oil cooking spray. Bake at 425 degrees for 12 minutes.
Turn eggplant over and bake 10-12 more minutes or until golden.
Ready to eat or use for your favorite casserole recipe!
How To Make Easy Eggplant Parmesan with Oven Fried Eggplant
Layer oven fried eggplant in a 9×13 pan and top with marinara sauce, mozzarella cheese and fresh grated parmesan. Bake at 350 degrees F. until cheese is lightly golden.
How To Make Oven Fried Eggplant Mozzarella Stacks
Spread a spoonful of your favorite marinara sauce or homemade marinara on the bottom of a small plate. Top with one slice of oven fried eggplant. Add another spoonful of marinara on top with a slice of buffalo mozzarella and fresh basil leaf. Continue with two more layers and top with marinara, fresh basil and freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
Oven Fried Eggplant
- 1/2 cup avocado oil mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp very finely minced onion or minced freeze-dried onion
- 1 lb unpeeled eggplant sliced-about 12 (1/2 inch slices)
- 1/3 cup fine dry gluten-free breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup fresh grated parm
- 1/2 tsp dried Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Combine mayo and onion in a small bowl and spread evenly over eggplant slices on both sides.
- Combine breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning and salt and pepper in a small bowl. Dredge eggplant in breading mixture.
- Place eggplant on a baking sheet greased with non-stick olive oil cooking spray (do not use an air bake cookie sheet here, make sure it’s a regular baking sheet for proper browning.) Spray the top of the breaded eggplant with a light coating of olive oil spray
- Bake at 425 degrees for 12 minutes. Turn eggplant over and bake 10-12 more minutes or until golden.
Latest posts by Amee Livingston (see all)
- The Best Baked Brie with Apricot Jam & Almonds - December 3, 2019
- Amazing Green Bean Casserole From Scratch - November 24, 2019
- Applewood Bacon-Wrapped Venison Loin with Raspberry Sauce - November 15, 2019