Oven-Fried Eggplant is a delicious gluten-free lighter fried eggplant recipe that can be used for making eggplant parmesan, eaten plain, or used to make scrumptious eggplant mozzarella stacks.
Our favorite way to eat oven-fried eggplant is layered with fresh buffalo mozzarella, marinara sauce, fresh basil leaves, and a good quality shredded Parmesan cheese. So incredibly delicious!! It's deceivingly easy to make, too. Preparation only takes a few minutes and the results are worthy of a five-star restaurant. Seriously, you need to make these oven-fried eggplant stacks ASAP!
How To Make Easy Oven-Fried Eggplant
½ cup avocado oil mayonnaise (I use Chosen Foods brand) or homemade Paleo mayonnaise
1 tbsp finely minced onion (you can also use freeze-dried minced red onion)
1 lb unpeeled eggplant, sliced-about 12 (½ inch slices)
⅓ cup fine dry gluten-free breadcrumbs
⅓ cup fresh grated parmesan
½ tsp dried Italian seasoning
salt and pepper to taste
olive oil cooking spray (use a pure oil spray, like Chosen Foods brand)
Combine mayo and onion and spread evenly over eggplant slices on both sides with a pastry brush, being sure to coat each side for breading to stick. Combine breadcrumbs, parm, Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper. Dredge eggplant in breading mixture. Place eggplant on a baking sheet sprayed with olive oil cooking spray.
*Tip: Do not use an air bake cookie sheet, make sure it's a regular baking sheet for proper browning.
Spray the top of the breaded eggplant with a light coating of the olive oil cooking spray. Bake at 425 degrees for 12 minutes.
Turn eggplant over and bake 10-12 more minutes or until golden.
Ready to eat or use for your favorite casserole recipe!
Recipe Ideas For Oven-Fried Eggplant
Layer oven-fried eggplant in a 9x13 pan and top with marinara sauce, mozzarella cheese, and freshly grated parmesan. Bake at 350 degrees F. until cheese is lightly golden.
Eggplant Mozzarella Stacks
Spread a spoonful of your favorite marinara sauce or homemade marinara on the bottom of a small plate. Top with one slice of eggplant. Add another spoonful of marinara on top with a slice of buffalo mozzarella and fresh basil leaf. Continue with two more layers and top with marinara, fresh basil, and freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
More Favorite Italian Recipes
- ½ cup avocado oil mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp very finely minced onion or minced freeze-dried onion
- 1 lb unpeeled eggplant sliced-about 12 (½ inch slices)
- ⅓ cup fine dry gluten-free breadcrumbs
- ⅓ cup fresh grated parm
- ½ tsp dried Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Combine mayo and onion in a small bowl and spread evenly over eggplant slices on both sides.
- Combine breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning and salt and pepper in a small bowl. Dredge eggplant in breading mixture.
- Place eggplant on a baking sheet greased with non-stick olive oil cooking spray (do not use an air bake cookie sheet here, make sure it’s a regular baking sheet for proper browning.) Spray the top of the breaded eggplant with a light coating of olive oil spray
- Bake at 425 degrees for 12 minutes. Turn eggplant over and bake 10-12 more minutes or until golden.