This gluten-free pancetta chicken piccata dish is moist, flavorful and fast to prepare.
The kids really love it, but I’m not sure if I can get them to eat it again after my husband told them that capers were frog testicles. I think I’ve finally convinced them that they’re actually flower buds from a bush. 😉
Chicken Piccata is one of my all-time favorite chicken recipes.
More Gluten-Free Favorites
- 4 boneless chicken cutlets 1 lb thin cut
- 2 large lemons juiced (about 1/3 cup)
- 4 oz finely diced pancetta
- 1/4 cup King Arthur gluten-free blend flour
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp unsalted grassfed butter
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 2 tbsp capers drained
- Squeeze lemons for juice (you'll want about 1/3 cup) and set aside.
- In a large ziploc bag, combine GF flour, salt and pepper.
- Shake until blended.
- Drop chicken cutlets into the bag, one at a time, and shake until coated.
- Shake to remove excess flour.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook the pancetta until fat is rendered and bacon is crispy.
- Remove pancetta from the pan and set aside.
- Add the butter and oil to the skillet and until melted, then add chicken and cook for 2-3 minutes until lightly brown on both sides.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; add broth, pancetta, lemon juice and capers.
- Simmer until sauce is thickened, about 3-5 minutes.
- Serve over brown rice.