This gluten-free pancetta chicken piccata dish is moist, flavorful and fast to prepare.
Chicken Piccata is one of my all-time favorite chicken recipes.
It’s the perfect blend of flavors and really simple to make. It’s always been a regular dish in my easy weeknight dinner rotation.
My husband tries to stay away from gluten for digestive health reasons, so I tried making it gluten-free and you’d never know the difference. Gluten-free flours have come a LONG way. Luckily, we now have so many great options to chose from.
King Arthur is one of my go-to gluten-free flours, the results are always great with their blend and it tastes so close to regular flour it’s hard to tell them apart in most of my recipes. *I’m not a brand ambassador for King Arthur and this is not a paid post, I just really love their products.
More Gluten-Free Favorites
If you’re a pancake lover, then you need to try these Gluten Free Protein Pancakes with Fresh Peaches. So good! I often eat pancakes for dinner. Why not, when they are good for you?!
If you save room for dessert, then this Gluten Free Homemade Butterscotch Pudding will certainly make an epic ending to your meal.
I’m also a big fan of quick breads. This Wheat-Free Dark Chocolate Chip Banana Bread is the bomb.
Pancetta Chicken Piccata (Gluten-Free)
Servings: 4 servings
- 4 boneless chicken cutlets 1 lb thin cut
- 2 large lemons juiced (about 1/3 cup)
- 4 oz finely diced pancetta
- 1/4 cup King Arthur gluten-free blend flour
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp unsalted grassfed butter
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 2 tbsp capers drained
- Squeeze lemons for juice (you'll want about 1/3 cup) and set aside.
- In a large ziploc bag, combine GF flour, salt and pepper.
- Shake until blended.
- Drop chicken cutlets into the bag, one at a time, and shake until coated.
- Shake to remove excess flour.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook the pancetta until fat is rendered and bacon is crispy.
- Remove pancetta from the pan and set aside.
- Add the butter and oil to the skillet and until melted, then add chicken and cook for 2-3 minutes until lightly brown on both sides.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; add broth, pancetta, lemon juice and capers.
- Simmer until sauce is thickened, about 3-5 minutes.
- Serve over brown rice.