This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
A simple gluten-free chicken piccata recipe that’s perfect for a busy weeknight meal made with finely diced pancetta, capers, lemon, and butter. This chicken piccata recipe is moist, flavorful and fast to prepare.
Gluten-Free Chicken Piccata is one of my favorite chicken recipes. It’s the perfect blend of flavors and really simple to make. It’s always been a regular dish in my easy weeknight dinner rotation.
More Favorite Gluten-Free Recipes
Gluten-Free Chicken Piccata
- 4 boneless chicken cutlets 1 lb thin cut
- 2 large lemons juiced (about 1/3 cup)
- 4 oz finely diced pancetta
- 1/4 cup King Arthur gluten-free blend flour
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp unsalted grassfed butter
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 2 tbsp capers drained
- Squeeze lemons for juice (you'll want about 1/3 cup) and set aside.
- In a large ziploc bag, combine GF flour, salt and pepper.
- Shake until blended.
- Drop chicken cutlets into the bag, one at a time, and shake until coated.
- Shake to remove excess flour.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook the pancetta until fat is rendered and bacon is crispy.
- Remove pancetta from the pan and set aside.
- Add the butter and oil to the skillet and until melted, then add chicken and cook for 2-3 minutes until lightly brown on both sides.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; add broth, pancetta, lemon juice and capers.
- Simmer until sauce is thickened, about 3-5 minutes.
- Serve over brown rice.