An easy breakfast recipe for a potato and spinach saute made with Yukon gold potatoes, onions, and fresh spinach. A perfect addition to your scrambled eggs.
This side dish skillet recipe is so easy. Sometimes it's the simple ingredients, not the complexity of the dish that makes it amazing. This potato saute is great served alongside your morning eggs, or as a side dish for dinner.
I love cooking leftover baked potatoes this way. The buttery potatoes, sweet Vidalia onions and fresh, organic spinach complement each other beautifully. Throw some cooked and crumbled turkey sausage in and make it a meal. For vegans, use a butter alternative and veggie crumbles. It's also a great way to use leftover baked potatoes.
How To Make Potato and Spinach Saute'
If you love recipes like this, you should try these pan-fried cinnamon sweet potatoes with jalapeno scrambled eggs. So good!
Potato and Spinach Saute'
- 4 russet baking potatoes about 4 cups sliced, cooked and chilled overnight and sliced into thin pieces
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup chopped sweet Vidalia onion
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- paprika to taste
- sea salt and pepper
- Cook potatoes the day before and refrigerate overnight.
- You can cook them in the microwave for 5-6 minutes or use the traditional oven method.
- Melt butter in a large saute' pan over medium heat.
- Add onion and sliced potatoes and cook until potatoes are lightly golden brown and onions are beginning to caramelize.
- Add fresh spinach and lemon zest.
- Cook until spinach is wilted.
- Season with sea salt, pepper and paprika to taste.