A recipe for skinny berry fruit and yogurt parfaits using Greek yogurt, ricotta cheese and fresh summer berries. A perfect yogurt parfait recipe for your 4th of July gathering!
These patriotic Skinny Berry Fruit and Yogurt Parfaits are a wonderful light and healthy dessert for a Fourth of July or summer party. These simple yogurt parfaits are easy to put together, provide a good source of quality protein and make a lovely presentation. This is one nutritious and delicious summertime dessert, breakfast or snack!
Our neighborhood puts on a really fun Fourth of July parade each year and my kids love joining in the festivities.
Even our dog, Brownie, gets to join in on the fun.
The kids can ride their bikes, scooters, walk or jog behind the golf cart leading them around the neighborhood circle.
Neighbors can come out to cheer them on and join in the post-parade festivities. They usually have a contest for the most festive participants, followed by refreshments for the kids. It's become a fun tradition for our family.
These guys are hot and tired and ready for festive snacks!
There are so many great healthy options for kids that aren't laden with sugar and processed ingredients. Snacks like these fruit and yogurt parfaits, watermelon, fresh fruit, string cheese and Greek yogurt popsicles are good healthy options for kids in the hot summer months. You can make mini versions of this tall parfait in small disposable cups for a quick and easy party treat.
If you need more summer snacking inspiration, check out these 25 Easy Summer Snack Ideas from Cooking Light. I love that "ants on a log" make the list, because it's one of my childhood favorites. I still love making them after all these years.
Skinny Berry Fruit and Yogurt Parfaits
Patriotic themed fruit and yogurt parfaits are perfect for a Memorial Day cookout or a 4th of July dessert. A healthier no-bake dessert for summertime!
Skinny Berry Parfaits
- 1 ½ cups fresh raspberries
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup ricotta cheese I use whole milk ricotta
- 8 oz plain Greek yogurt Can also use vanilla Greek yogurt and leave out the honey and stevia
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 3 tablespoon granulated stevia or sugar alternative of choice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice Can also use orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest Can also use orange zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Blend all ingredients (except berries) in a large mixing bowl until well combined. (I use my stand mixer and blend on medium for a couple of minutes.)
- Starting with the raspberries, layer the berries in a tall parfait glass, then the filling, ending with the blueberries on top in a tall parfait glass. Repeat for each parfait.
- Chill for a few hours and serve.
*This recipe post was last updated on June 18, 2019.