This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
A simple recipe for egg salad made with Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, dijon mustard, relish, and roasted red peppers. This tasty egg salad recipe is perfect for meal prep!
How To Make Egg Salad with Greek Yogurt
Ingredients You'll Need For This Recipe:
- Hard-boiled eggs
- Small jar of roasted red peppers
- Plain Greek yogurt
- Light mayonnaise
- Dijon mustard
- Sweet relish (can also use dill relish if you don't like the sweet)
- Spices: paprika, salt, and pepper
Tips For Making Perfect Hard-boiled eggs
For the last several years, I only use an egg cooker for making hard-boiled eggs. I get perfect eggs, every single time, that are a cinch to peel. I have two egg cookers so that I can make a large batch, all at once, for our meal prep for the week. I have a Cuisinart egg cooker and I love it. This egg cooker is definitely one of my favorite kitchen gadgets!
Most egg cookers come with a measuring cup that contains a small needle on the bottom of the cup. Before cooking, pierce the large end of the egg with the needle. As soon as the eggs are done, submerge them in an ice bath until they have completely cooled. Drain, pat dry and store the hard-boiled eggs in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
If you want to cook eggs the old-fashioned way on the stovetop, here are my tips for making perfectly cooked hard-boiled eggs.
What To Serve with Egg Salad
For a low-carb option, you can serve the egg salad over mixed greens or on top of butter lettuce or stuffed in a romaine lettuce boat. For a sandwich option, serve on your favorite toasted bread with sliced tomatoes and crisp lettuce or leafy greens. My favorite go-to's loaves of bread are sourdough and sprouted grain. For a snack option, you can serve it with rice cakes or whole-grain crackers, chopped veggies and/or fresh fruit.
For more quick and easy lunch ideas, try these creative bento box lunch ideas from Corey over at Family Fresh Meals or more healthy lunch favorites from my friend, Jen Pullman RD. If you love chicken salad, you also need to try this healthier avocado chicken salad and my favorite chicken salad with lemon and sage.
Greek Yogurt Egg Salad with Roasted Peppers
- 4 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 tbsp finely chopped roasted red pepper in the jar
- 2 tbsp plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp light mayonnaise
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp sweet relish drain any liquid
- ¼ tsp paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium bowl, whisk together yogurt, mayo, dijon, relish and paprika
- Peel and chop eggs into small pieces and add to the mayo mixture
- Stir in diced roasted red peppers
- Season with salt and pepper
- Serve in a lettuce wrap or on your favorite sandwich bread
- Herb-Roasted Sheet Pan Chicken with Potatoes and Green Beans - February 8, 2021
- 50 Easy Breakfast Meal Prep Recipes - February 3, 2021
- Healthy Mixed Berry Smoothie - February 1, 2021