This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
Christmas Grinch fruit kabobs are easy to make and make a great healthier alternative to all of the decadent desserts during the holidays. I made these fun little guys for the kids to enjoy and decorate for a snack. I also happen to be a huge Dr. Seuss fan! This recipe can double as an entertaining craft. You can use a tube of chocolate frosting and let kids draw their own angry Grinch faces on the green grapes.
This snack is a fun holiday recipe idea that I got from Pinterest. Most recipes call for a slice of banana for the base of the hat, but my husband hates bananas and I didn’t have any in the house, so I used a large marshmallow and cut it into thirds with a pair of kitchen scissors. It worked out perfectly!
I love making fun fruit kabobs. There’s my Easy Fresh Fruit Kabob recipe that I made for St. Patrick’s Day and this Peep Fruit Kabob post from 2014 is one of my most pinned recipes! Clearly, people love enjoying fruit on a stick!
What you’ll need:
- large marshmallows
- mini marshmallows
- 1 pint or more fresh strawberries
- small bag green grapes rinsed and patted dry
- wooden kabob skewers
- *optional: tube of chocolate frosting for making faces
- Thread a grape onto the kabob skewer
- Cut a large marshmallow into thirds with kitchen scissors
- Slide a slice of marshmallow onto the stick
- Slice the top off a strawberry and thread onto the skewer (large side first)
- Top with mini marshmallow
- Serve plain or decorate with frosting.
Latest posts by Amee Livingston (see all)
- The Best Baked Brie with Apricot Jam & Almonds - December 3, 2019
- Amazing Green Bean Casserole From Scratch - November 24, 2019
- Applewood Bacon-Wrapped Venison Loin with Raspberry Sauce - November 15, 2019