These gluten-free mini meatloaves made with only a few simple ingredients are nutritious and delicious! Personal-size meatloaves make a nutritious lean protein source that even kids will love! Pair them with your favorite side dishes for a quick and easy meal. These high-protein low-carb meatloaves are a family favorite in our house.
Why you'll love this recipe
- Making meatloaf in a standard muffin tin into small, individual portion sizes makes them simple to portion out for meal prep
- They are a great protein-packed meal or snack for busy kids on the go. Even picky eaters love them!
- They are fast and easy to make, perfect for busy weeknights!
- They are gluten-free, taste like classic meatloaf, and are delicious!
Ingredients you'll need
- Lean ground beef- I like to use grass-fed beef here, but any lean ground beef works beautifully here. I don't recommend less than 93% lean or they won't be as moist.
- Quinoa (or Rice)- you'll need pre-cooked quinoa or pre-cooked rice (if you aren't a quinoa fan) for this recipe. You can do this the day before to save time or buy microwave steam bags for fast prep. Quinoa adds nutrients and replaces the breadcrumbs in traditional meatloaf.
- Olive oil- go with a good quality EVOO for adding moisture and flavor to the mixture.
- Parmesan cheese- freshly grated adds the best flavor, but a bag of shredded parmesan is great for convenience.
- Eggs- for binding the ingredients together.
- Garlic cloves- minced fresh garlic for depth of flavor. You can't go wrong with garlicky goodness.
- Basil- go with finely chopped fresh basil leaves for the best flavor. Fresh herbs are always best, but you can use dried in a pinch, just adjust the amount since dried is more concentrated.
- Spices- do spice up the loaves, you'll need salt, black pepper, Italian seasoning, and paprika.
How to make gluten-free mini meatloaves
Step 1. Grease 24 muffin tins with olive oil spray and preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Step 2. Combine ground beef and all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl, using your hands. Don't be afraid to get messy! You want everything to be well mixed.
Step 3. Fill muffin tins with the meatloaf mixture and brush the tops with a little olive oil.
Step 4. Sprinkle with paprika, then bake for 25-30 minutes or until tops are lightly browned.
- Feel free to baste the tops of the muffins with bbq sauce or ketchup if that is your jam. I like to dip mine when they're done.
- Make sure to spray the muffin cups well with cooking spray (I use EVOO spray) so they pop out easily
Storing & freezing
To store: Place the cooled mini meatloaves in an airtight container or sealed plastic bag in the refrigerator for 3-4 days, or follow the freezing instructions.
To freeze: Wrap the cooled mini meatloaf muffins in plastic wrap and place them in a freezer bag or freezer-safe container and freeze for up to 3 months.
More delicious gluten-free recipes
If you love this recipe, I would be so grateful if you could leave a 5-star 🌟rating in the recipe card below. I love reading your comments and feedback!
Gluten-Free Mini Meatloaves
- 3 lbs ground beef 90% lean
- 1 ½ cups cooked quinoa can sub with cooked rice
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoon Italian seasoning blend I use McCormick's
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh sweet basil
- dash of paprika for topping
- Grease 24 muffin tins with olive oil spray and preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl, using your hands.
- Don't be afraid to get messy!
- You want everything to be well mixed.
- Fill muffin tins with meat mixture and brush the tops with a little olive oil.
- Sprinkle with paprika and bake for 25-30 minutes or until tops are lightly browned.
- Easy Orange Glazed Croissants Recipe with Crescent Rolls - November 28, 2023
- Easy Pancake Mix Cookies (Gluten-Free Option) - November 27, 2023
- Chocolate Protein Pancakes - November 20, 2023