This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
A Paleo-friendly recipe for coleslaw that’s loaded with flavor made with olive oil mayonnaise, vinegar, celery, herbs, and spices. Paleo coleslaw is just as delicious as traditional mayo-based slaw, but it uses paleo-friendly mayonnaise.
This slaw tastes as good as our favorite regular coleslaw, but now we have a new Paleo version to enjoy. The secret to making this coleslaw is using homemade Paleo-diet friendly mayo, instead of store-bought mayo. It’s made with minimal ingredients and tastes fantastic!
I love adding diced dill pickles to the slaw for a great flavor enhancer. Be sure and check your labels, because some brands come with a lot of preservatives and hidden sugars. Homemade pickles are great, but you can typically find high-quality pickles in the refrigerator section of the grocery store.
1/2 cup Paleo mayonnaise
1/4 cup white vinegar
3 tbsp raw organic white agave nectar (I use a blend of white and blue)
1 tsp celery seed
1/2 tsp celery salt
2 tbsp pickle juice (from the jar)
1 large kosher dill pickle, finely diced
4 1/2 cups shredded slaw mix (I use a blend of purple and green cabbage and carrots)
*Optional: 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh or dried dill weed
sea salt and pepper to taste
Mix the first six ingredients in a large bowl with a wire whisk until well blended. Stir in diced pickle and slaw mix and mix well. Season to taste with salt and pepper and garnish with fresh dill. This slaw needs to marinate at least an hour in the refrigerator before serving for the best flavor.
Paleo Coleslaw with Fresh Dill
- 1/2 cup Paleo mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 3 tbsp raw organic white agave nectar I use a blend of white and blue
- 1 tsp celery seed
- 1/2 tsp celery salt
- 2 tbsp pickle juice from the jar
- 1 large kosher dill pickle finely diced
- 4 1/2 cups shredded slaw mix I use a blend of purple and green cabbage and carrots
- *Optional: 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh or dried dill weed
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Mix first six ingredients in a large bowl with a wire whisk until well blended. Stir in diced pickle and slaw mix and mix well.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and garnish with fresh dill.
- For best flavor, this slaw needs to marinate in a well covered container for at least an hour in the refrigerator before serving.
This paleo coleslaw is the perfect side dish to go with barbecue shrimp, fried chicken, ribs, or in fish tacos.