This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
This lightened-up grape salad is a delicious and easy dessert salad recipe made with Greek yogurt, cream cheese, coconut sugar, seedless grapes, and chopped pecans.
This recipe is called a “salad” but for me, it’s a delicious dessert. I love this combination of flavors. I modified the original recipe to be a bit healthier. Instead of sour cream, I use non-fat plain greek yogurt. In place of brown sugar, I used coconut sugar with a little agave nectar. It tastes delicious with those substitutions and you won’t miss the original ingredients. The creamy base of this recipe could also double as a wonderful fruit dip. This is a tasty healthier indulgence, not to mention a kid-friendly!
How To Make Lightened-Up Grape Salad
Ingredients You’ll Need:
8 oz non-fat, plain greek yogurt
4 oz low-fat cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup coconut sugar
1 tbsp light amber agave nectar
1/2 tsp good quality vanilla extract
1 lb organic seedless grapes
2-3 oz chopped pecans (I use a little more)
Start with plump, organic, seedless purple grapes.
Mix yogurt, cream cheese, coconut sugar, agave nectar and vanilla in the bowl of an electric mixer and blend until very smooth and creamy. Toss mixture with grapes.
Place into a covered casserole dish and refrigerate for 24 hours. Top with pecans just before serving.
This delicious salad is a great addition to any party or potluck dinner. Versatile as a delicious side dish, fruit salad or dessert. Makes 6-8 side-dish servings.
Lightened-Up Grape Salad
- 8 oz non-fat plain greek yogurt
- 4 oz low-fat cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp light amber agave nectar
- 1/2 tsp good quality vanilla extract
- 1 lb organic seedless grapes
- 2 oz chopped pecans I use a little more
- Mix yogurt, cream cheese, coconut sugar, agave nectar and vanilla in the bowl of an electric mixer and blend until very smooth and creamy.
- Toss mixture with grapes.
- Place into a covered casserole dish and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Top with pecans just before serving.