Hawaiian ham sliders are delicious mini sandwiches, filled with teriyaki glazed ham, pineapple, bacon, and cheese.
These melt-in-your-mouth ham sliders explode with flavor, a sweet and savory combination inspired by my favorite flavors of the Hawaiian Islands. This recipe makes a great appetizer and can easily be doubled for a larger group. Believe me, you will want to double them. They won’t last long!
I recommend using a good-quality teriyaki sauce, like the one pictured here.
Make sure that you pre-slice your rolls, so the sliders will be easier to separate when serving. Top rolls with sliced ham, pineapple and bacon. Easy breezy.
Prepare your sauce.
After adding the shredded cheese, place bun tops on sliders and pour the warm, prepared sauce on top.
Bake for 25 minutes covered, then uncover and bake 5-10 minutes more.
Garnish the Hawaiian ham sliders with pineapple and a cherry, then watch them disappear.
*This post is part of my entry in to the KING’S HAWAIIAN® Go PupuleTM Recipe Sweepstakes.
Aloha Hawaiian Ham Sliders
Servings: 12 sliders
- 12- count King's Hawaiian Original Sweet Rolls
- 1/2 lb baked ham sliced thin
- 1/2 lb bacon about 8 slices, cooked and cut into thumb-size pieces
- 6-8 oz extra-sharp cheddar cheese use the block cheese, grated
- fresh pineapple sliced into 12 thin rings
- 1/4 cup sweet onion finely diced
- 1 stick 1/2 cup salted butter
- 5 tbsp all-natural teriyaki marinade & grilling sauce I used Kona Coast brand
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp fresh pineapple juice
- Maraschino cherries for garnish
- Spray a baking dish with nonstick spray and set aside
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Slice rolls in half lengthwise, then slice and separate each roll
- Place the bottom half of the rolls in the baking dish
- Slice ham into pieces the size of each roll
- Slice pineapple rings into thirds
- Top each roll with 2-3 pieces ham, a piece of pineapple and a few pieces of bacon
- Grate cheese and evenly spread on top of each roll
- Place the tops back on each roll, now prepare the sauce
- Heat butter over medium-low heat until melted
- Add onions and sauté until soft
- Whisk in teriyaki sauce, brown sugar and pineapple juice
- Stirring often, simmer for a minute or two until sugar dissolves
- Pour sauce over rolls in pan and tent with foil
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes
- Remove foil and bake for 5-10 minutes more
- Garnish each sandwich with pineapple and a cherry, if desired
If you enjoy the Hawaiian ham sliders recipe, try these delicious recipes with tropical flavors: