This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
These baked cheese stuffed jalapeno peppers are delicious as an appetizer or game day snacks. Hot peppers are stuffed with a mixture of spicy cheddar cheese and cream cheese, then baked until the peppers are soft and the cheese is melted and golden brown.
I used a combination of banana and jalapeno peppers for this stuffed peppers recipe. The jalapenos hold up better when cooking, but I have a lot of banana peppers in my garden right now, and this is my family’s favorite way to gobble them up.
You can make the cheese stuffed peppers using any variety of good quality, soft cheese (that melts better than hard cheese varieties). I like to use Cabot’s Chipotle White Cheddar.
How To Make Cheese Stuffed Jalapeno Peppers
Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until cheese begins to brown. Makes a great quick and super easy appetizer!
Spicy Baked Cheese Stuffed Jalapeno Peppers
- 15 medium-large peppers jalapeno or banana
- 8 oz Chipotle White Cheddar cheese such as Cabot's, or other spicy cheese, shredded
- 8 oz reduced fat cream cheese
- 1 tsp Hungarian sweet paprika
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Slice peppers lengthwise in half. Scoop out seeds and membrane and discard.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, blend remaining ingredients until thoroughly mixed.
- Stuff peppers with cheese mixture and place on a foil lined baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Place pan in oven and bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until cheese begins to brown. Makes a wonderful appetizer!
Other spicy snacks that I love: