*This post is sponsored by the Idaho Potato Commission in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own.
These Loaded Baked Potato Stuffed Mushrooms are a really fun twist on traditional loaded baked potatoes…..how about a bite-size version stuffed into a baby portabello mushroom?! If you love everything about a loaded baked potato, then you must try this appetizer version that’s fun to eat and serve. You get all that cheesy, flavorful potato goodness in a small, tasty package. It’s also a great way to use up leftover mashed potatoes!
Loaded Baked Potato Stuffed Mushrooms #SundaySupper
- 16 oz whole baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded from block
- 1 cup prepared mashed potatoes, made from Idaho® russet potatoes
- 1/2 stick butter, melted
- 2 tbsp fresh chives, finely chopped
- 4 pieces bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Remove stems from baby bellas and gently carve out the center with a small spoon
- In a large bowl, combine mashed potatoes, cheese, chives, sour cream and bacon
- Stir to combine
- Spoon filling generously into each mushroom (I use a small scooper) and place mushrooms into a shallow baking dish
- Drizzle mushrooms with butter and bake for 30-40 minutes, until lightly golden on top
- Serve immediately
by Amee Livingston
I’m not sure about you, but I could eat this filling right out of the bowl!
These flavors go together so beautifully….
No time to peel, boil and mash potatoes? No worries! Just scrub a couple of Idaho® russet potatoes under running water, pat dry and prick a few times with a fork. Place on a microwave-safe plate and cook for 5 minutes. Flip potatoes over and cook 5-6 minutes more, until potato pierces easily with a fork. Scoop flesh from baked potato and add just enough milk or cream to get a mashed potato consistency (it won’t take much). Measure out 1 cup mashed potatoes for your recipe. For more delicious potato inspiration, be sure and follow Idaho® Potatoes on Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Now, be sure and check out all of the amazing potato creations from my Sunday Supper friends below!
- 10 Potato Toppings by Sunday Supper Movement
- Baby Duchess Potato Bites by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Bacon and Blue Cheese Stuffed Potatoes by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Broccoli Cheddar Stuffed Potato Skins by Alida’s Kitchen
- Cheesy Bacon Potato Patties with Avocado Cream by I’m Not the Nanny
- Cheesy Taco Potato Bites by Flavor Mosaic
- Fully Loaded Baked Potato Skins by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Honey Sriracha Fries with Crème Fraiche by Whole Food | Real Families
- Indian Spiced Potato Pastry Shells by Soni’s Food
- Loaded Baked Potato Stuffed Mushrooms by Amee’s Savory Dish
- Loaded Baked Potato Dip by Life Tastes Good
- Mini Potato Crab Cakes by Magnolia Days
- Potato and Chorizo Bites by Family Foodie
- Purple Potato Puffs by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Smoky Paprika Potato Kebabs with Bacon and Blue Cheese Dip by Food Done Light
- Smoky Potato Pie Cups by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Spanish Potato Skewers with Paprika Dipping Sauce by Rhubarb and Honey
- Spiralized Shoestring Garlic Truffle Fries with Aioli by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Two-Bite Potato Salad Cups by Shockingly Delicious
- Waffled Twice Baked Potato Pancake Bites by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Window Pane Potato Chips by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.