These summer beverage recipes are so flavorful and refreshing! Adding herbs, fruit and cucumbers is a great way to naturally flavor your water, without weird dyes, fake sugars and artificial ingredients. Cucumbers are rich in anti-oxidants and this blend with mint is great for digestion. I also wanted to share my husband’s awesome mojito recipe. He makes the best cocktails and this one is fabulous without the need for simple syrup. The sweetness comes from liquid stevia to taste and it doesn’t require much. This is the best (waistline-friendly) cocktail on a hot, summer day!
Cucumber Mint Water
2 large cucumbers, sliced
3-4 stems of fresh mint
2 gallons filtered water
Combine all ingredients in a large, container (half recipe, if needed) and let flavors mingle for several hours or overnight before drinking.
- In a 16oz glass add:
- 3 oz light rum...or for my husband 4.5 oz:)
- 5 fresh mint leaves chopped finely
- 1/2 Persian lime sliced in wedges
- liquid stevia to taste-I used a few drops of liquid lemon stevia can also use 2-3 tsp light organic agave nectar
- club soda enough to fill the rest of the glass
- Muddle mint, lime and stevia (or agave) together in a tall glass.
- Fill glass with ice and add rum.
- Pour club soda to fill to the top of the glass.
- Stir and enjoy.