This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
Healthier Chicken Fried Rice is better for you than take-out! This fried rice recipe is made without refined carbs and unhealthy fats. This healthier (and just as tasty) version of chicken fried rice uses whole grain brown rice, olive oil, pastured butter, and lean boneless chicken breast.
Feel free to add more vegetables to make this fried rice dinner a hearty and healthy one-pot meal. This chicken fried rice recipe is a winner in our house!
How To Make Fried Rice
I save time making fried rice by having precooked rice and chicken already prepped and ready to go. I usually have plain baked boneless chicken breasts on hand from my meal prep, but a store-bought rotisserie chicken would work awesome here, too. This simple meal can be thrown together in under 15 minutes.
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp butter (I used Kerrygold brand)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups cooked cold brown rice
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos
- 2 cups cooked chicken breast, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- Spices: salt, pepper, cayenne pepper
- toasted sesame seeds, for garnish, if desired
Beat egg and water together in a small bowl. Melt butter in a sauté pan over medium-low heat, add egg and scramble quickly and set aside. Chop egg into small, shredded pieces. Heat the oil in the skillet and add the chopped scallions. Cook until onions are soft. Add the rice, coconut aminos, cooked chicken and spices. Stir fry for 5-7 minutes, then stir in egg before serving.
If you want more healthy Asian recipes, I think you’ll love these!
Healthier Chicken Fried Rice
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 onion finely chopped
- 2 cups cooked brown rice cold
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos or soy sauce
- 1 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- dash cayenne pepper
- 16 oz cooked boneless chicken breast chopped into bite-size pieces
- 2 scallions finely chopped
- toasted sesame seeds for garnish
- In a small bowl, beat egg and water.
- Melt butter in large sauté pan over medium-low heat.
- Add egg and cook quickly, remove from skillet and set aside.
- Chop egg into small shredded pieces.
- Heat oil in the skillet and add onions.
- Cook until onions are soft.
- Add rice, coconut aminos or soy sauce, pepper, salt, cayenne and chicken.
- Stir fry for 5-7 minutes, then stir in egg and serve.
- Garnish with sesame seeds, if desired.
Latest posts by Amee Livingston (see all)
- The Best Baked Brie with Apricot Jam & Almonds - December 3, 2019
- Amazing Green Bean Casserole From Scratch - November 24, 2019
- Applewood Bacon-Wrapped Venison Loin with Raspberry Sauce - November 15, 2019