Chicken fried brown rice is a healthier way to enjoy fried rice, but without the refined carbs and unhealthy fats! This healthier version of chicken fried rice is made with wholesome brown rice, olive oil, pastured butter and lean chicken.
Feel free to add more vegetables to make this fried rice dinner a one-pot meal.
This chicken fried brown rice recipe is a winner in our house!
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp pastured Grassfed butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 onion finely chopped
- 2 cups cooked brown rice cold
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos or soy sauce
- 1 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- dash cayenne pepper
- 2 cups cooked boneless chicken breast chopped into bite-size pieces
- 2 scallions finely chopped
- toasted sesame seeds for garnish
- In a small bowl, beat egg and water.
- Melt butter in large sauté pan over medium-low heat.
- Add egg and cook quickly, remove from skillet and set aside.
- Chop egg into small shredded pieces.
- Heat oil in the skillet and add onions.
- Cook until onions are soft.
- Add rice, coconut aminos or soy sauce, pepper, salt, cayenne and chicken.
- Stir fry for 5-7 minutes, then stir in egg and serve.
- Garnish with sesame seeds, if desired.
If you want more healthy Asian recipes, I think you’ll love these!