This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
Blue chai lemonade is delicious and refreshing homemade lemonade, made with organic chai, fresh lemons, and dried butterfly pea flower blossoms.
*I was provided with a sample of organic chai to review and to use in this recipe. No other compensation was involved. All opinions are my own and not influenced in any way.
How gorgeous are these dried premium butterfly pea flowers?! I recently tried Blue Chai tea for the first time and fell in love with the rich blue color from the dried flower blossoms. Not just for drinking, you can also use this brewed tea in recipes for a natural food colorant, a much healthier option to food dyes.
Blue Chai lemonade is non-caffeinated and has amazing health benefits.
Blue Chai tea is a Tisane, made from the infusion of plant material in hot water. This tea is 100% organic and all-natural, with deep roots in the cultures of Thailand and Malaysia. The butterfly pea flower is used in many ways, including baking, cooking, drinking, health products, shampoos and even decorating.
You can impress your kids by doing a neat experiment with this lovely blue chai tea. My daughter and I created a unique freshly squeezed lemonade recipe using the freshly steeped tea. When you add lemon juice to the blue tea, it turns a vibrant purple color!
This kid-friendly blue chai lemonade recipe is not only fun to make but healthy too!
- 1 1/2 cups of steeped Blue Chai tea cooled to room temperature
- I used a heaping tbsp of dried butterfly pea flowers for 1 1/2 cups of water
- 1 packet stevia
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice you can vary this to your taste buds
- ice to fill the glass
- Boil water and pour 1 1/2 cups into a mug
- Add pea flower blossoms in a basket filter or tea sac and steep for 4-8 minutes
- Allow tea to cool and pour into a glass
- Add stevia and lemon juice
- Watch the tea turn a bright purple color!
- Add ice to fill glass and enjoy
More kid friendly healthy drink recipes to try: