This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
Coconut chia brown rice pudding is a healthy dessert that is naturally sweetened with maple syrup and coconut sugar. This is an easy dessert recipe for brown rice pudding that everyone will love!
Made with slow digesting carbohydrates, healthy fats and natural sweeteners this coconut chia brown rice pudding recipe makes a great post-workout snack.
- 2 cups cooked brown rice cook according to package directions
- 1 13.5 oz can full-fat unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/4 cup real maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- 2 tsp good quality vanilla extract
- 2 tsp chia seeds white or black
- *Optional toppings: Grassfed Butter Toasted Walnuts
- In a saucepan, over medium-low heat, combine cooked rice, coconut milk, dried fruit maple syrup, coconut sugar, shredded coconut, vanilla and spices.
- Heat through while constantly stirring, until pudding begins to thicken.
- Remove from heat and stir in chia seeds.
- Serve immediately and top with optional toppings.
- This pudding is good reheated, but you may need to a little more coconut or almond milk to achieve a creamier texture.
If you enjoy naturally sweetened desserts like this coconut chia brown rice pudding, I think you’ll dig these healthier cupcakes, too!
Latest posts by Amee Livingston (see all)
- The Best Baked Brie with Apricot Jam & Almonds - December 3, 2019
- Amazing Green Bean Casserole From Scratch - November 24, 2019
- Applewood Bacon-Wrapped Venison Loin with Raspberry Sauce - November 15, 2019