This Greek Chicken recipe is so simple and good! Fire-up the grill for a recipe that’s full of incredible flavor!
Greek Chicken and Tzatziki Pasta Salad
Flavorful Greek spices and a tangy marinade bring incredible flavor to the chicken breasts in this recipe.
For the Greek Chicken
- 6 small-medium boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1-2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2-3 sprigs fresh oregano
- 2 tbsp Greek seasoning ( I use one from Spice and Tea Exchange-it's wonderful on chicken and potatoes)
For the pasta salad:
- 6 oz. low-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 3 garlic cloves
- 16 oz uncooked penne pasta (I use Dreamfield's lower carb pasta -it's delicious)
- 1 cup pitted kalamata olives, drained
- 2 cucumbers peeled, seeded and sliced
- 3/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and chopped
- 9 oz jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups crumbled feta cheese (I go for whole feta...more flavor and creamier)
For the Greek Chicken
- In a large bowl, combine above ingredients (except chicken) with a whisk. Add boneless chicken breasts and marinate at least 3 hours, or up to 10 hours.
- Meanwhile, make pasta salad (directions below)
- Grill marinated chicken over medium-high heat about 4 minutes each side, until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees.
- Allow chicken to rest for 10 minutes before serving to retain moisture.
- Serve over pasta salad.
For the Pasta Salad:
- Process first 7 ingredients in a food processor 30 seconds or until thoroughly blended. Transfer to a bowl, cover and chill for 1 to 24 hours.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse with cold water.
- Place cooled pasta in a large bowl. Stir in olives and next 3 ingredients until well blended.
- Add yogurt mixture and stir until well coated. Gently stir in feta.
- Cover and chill at least 1 hour, or until ready to serve.
- Pasta Salad recipe is from Southern Living magazine, June 2012 - Tangy Tzatziki Pasta Salad