This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
Nutella frosting is a splurge-worthy indulgent buttercream frosting. This decadent frosting is perfect for topping cakes, cupcakes, or even cookies!
*Splurge alert!* If Nutella makes you swoon, then you’ll love this heavenly frosting!! I love it on red velvet or Devil’s food cupcakes. If I am indulging, then it needs to be worth the cheat. This recipe definitely qualifies.
Homemade Nutella frosting is so much better than any store bought frosting, and it’s so easy to make!
2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
1 cup Nutella
2 cups powdered sugar
1/4 -1/2 tsp sea salt (I like a very slight salty taste, so I use 1/2 tsp)
1 tbsp cocoa powder
2 tbsp whole milk (can also use heavy cream)
1 tsp good quality vanilla
In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream butter and Nutella until well blended. Add sea salt, cocoa, milk or cream and vanilla and blend until mixed. Add the powdered sugar a little at a time until all is blended, smooth and creamy. Pipe onto cupcakes and dive in!
- 2 sticks unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup Nutella
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 -1/2 tsp sea salt I like a very slight salty taste, so I use 1/2 tsp
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp whole milk can also use heavy cream
- 1 tsp good quality vanilla extract
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream butter and Nutella until well blended.
- Add sea salt, cocoa, milk or cream and vanilla and blend until mixed.
- Add the powdered sugar, a little at a time, until all is blended, smooth and creamy.
- Pipe or spread onto desired dessert, or eat it straight from the spoon!
Latest posts by Amee Livingston (see all)
- The Best Baked Brie with Apricot Jam & Almonds - December 3, 2019
- Amazing Green Bean Casserole From Scratch - November 24, 2019
- Applewood Bacon-Wrapped Venison Loin with Raspberry Sauce - November 15, 2019