Nutella frosting is a splurge-worthy indulgent buttercream frosting made with hazelnut spread, cocoa, powdered sugar, butter, milk, and real vanilla extract. If you are looking for the perfect rich and delicious chocolate frosting recipe, look no further. This decadent frosting is perfect for topping cakes, cupcakes, or even cookies!
If Nutella makes you swoon, then you'll love this heavenly frosting!! I love it on red velvet or Devil's food cupcakes. If I am indulging, then it needs to be worth the cheat. This recipe definitely qualifies.
Homemade Nutella frosting is so much better than any store-bought frosting, and it's so easy to make!
Nutella Frosting Ingredients
- Unsalted butter, softened
- Powdered sugar
- Salt (I like a very slight salty taste, so I use ½ tsp)
- Cocoa powder
- Whole milk (can also use heavy cream)
- Good quality vanilla
Step 1. In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream butter and Nutella until well blended.
Step 2. Add sea salt, cocoa, milk or cream, and vanilla and blend until mixed.
Step 3. Add the powdered sugar a little at a time until all is blended, smooth, and creamy.
Step 4. Pipe onto cupcakes and dive in!
More Delicious Frosting Recipes
- 2 sticks unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup Nutella
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- ¼ -½ teaspoon salt I like a very slight salty taste, so I use ½ tsp
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoon whole milk can also use heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon good quality vanilla extract
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream butter and Nutella until well blended.
- Add sea salt, cocoa, milk or cream and vanilla and blend until mixed.
- Add the powdered sugar, a little at a time, until all is blended, smooth and creamy.
- Pipe or spread onto desired dessert, or eat it straight from the spoon!