Sweet and spicy candied nuts are a delicious clean eating snack. Easy to make and completely addictive! They make a great holiday food gift, too.
Need a delicious, clean-eating snack for your next party or road trip? This fruit and nut mix is a tasty combination of sweet and savory, with a little kick from the cayenne and black pepper. We love this candied nut mix for a quick grab-and-go snack or to serve as a festive munchie for holiday parties.
Food gifts, like these sweet and spicy candied nuts, are fun to receive and a budget-friendly way to spread the love during the holidays. Do you make homemade gifts? If so, what's your favorite thing to make?
Just look at all that gooey goodness!
Into the oven...
Clean-eating snack perfection.
More Delicious and Healthy Snack Recipes
Sweet and Spicy Candied Nuts
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup raw pecans
- 1 cup raw whole almonds
- 1 cup raw whole walnuts
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons black pepper
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated orange zest microplane zester recommended
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 250ºF.
- Whisk egg white and water in a bowl until frothy.
- Toss nuts with egg white mixture.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add coconut sugar, cinnamon, salt, pepper, dash cayenne pepper, and whisk until sugar is melted and soft.
- Pour sugar mixture over nuts, add the orange zest and stir until well blended.
- Spread onto a parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes to bake evenly and prevent burning.
- Cool completely and toss with cranberries.
- Store in an airtight container or package in small, single-serving size, bags tied with twine.