This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
These Weight Watchers chocolate cupcakes with protein frosting are very quick to prepare and a delicious guilt-free dessert option.
The chocolate cupcake is adapted from a Weight Watcher’s recipe and the frosting is adapted from Dashing Dish. I could eat a bowl of this frosting by itself (kind of tastes like rich chocolate mousse……so good!!!)
I love healthier dessert recipes that still taste amazing. This Tofu Chocolate Mousse is incredibly deceptive and packed with quality protein. These Sweet Potato Protein Muffins are another favorite. They are moist and dense, reminiscent of pumpkin pie but much better for you, loaded with protein and naturally sweetened with dates.
If you love the apple peanut butter combo, then you need to give these Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Apple Tartlets a go! With better recipe options, you can have your dessert and nail your healthy eating goals, too! Winning!
Weight Watchers Chocolate Cupcakes with Protein Frosting
Ingredients for cupcakes:
1 box chocolate cake mix (I prefer the organic mixes like Arrowhead mills)
1 15oz can organic pumpkin
1/4 cup egg whites
1/4 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
Mix all ingredients together. Batter will be thick. Pour into paper lined cupcake tins sprayed with cooking spray. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. *Makes 12 large cupcakes.
1 cup low-fat cottage cheese
1/4 cup cocoa powder
8 packets Whole Earth Sweetener or more to your taste (love this stuff – or your favorite stevia-based or erythritol sweetener)
2 tbsp instant chocolate pudding mix
1 small tub light cool whip (or Truwhip for a healthier option)
Put cottage cheese, stevia and cocoa powder into a food processor or Vitamix. Blend ingredients until smooth and creamy for 2-3 minutes (you must do it this long to achieve a smooth and creamy texture). Stir in pudding mix until blended and fold in cool whip. Pipe or spread onto cooled cupcakes and serve. Store in the refrigerator.
- Ingredients for cupcakes:
- 1 box chocolate cake mix I prefer the organic mixes like Arrowhead mills
- 1 15 oz can organic pumpkin
- 1/4 cup egg whites
- 1/4 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- For frosting:
- 1 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 8 packets stevia or a little more to taste (I love the Whole Earth sweetener)
- 2 tbsp instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 small tub light cool whip or truwhip for a healthier option
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix all cupcake ingredients together.
- Batter will be thick.
- Pour into paper lined cupcake tins sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Put cottage cheese, stevia and cocoa powder into a food processor or Vitamix.
- Blend ingredients until smooth and creamy for 2-3 minutes (you must do it this long to achieve a smooth and creamy texture).
- Stir in pudding mix until blended and fold in cool whip.
- Pipe or spread onto cooled cupcakes and serve.
- Store in the refrigerator.