This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
This delicious thin crust BBQ chicken flatbread pizza makes the perfect busy weekday lunch or dinner made with boneless chicken breasts and sharp cheddar cheese and ready in under 15 minutes!
Pizza night is always a winner in our house. I love these easy flatbread pizzas because they are a cinch to throw together and taste like they are worthy of a restaurant menu. This recipe uses fresh, accessible ingredients and packed with 40 grams of protein per pizza! It's the perfect satisfying meal while hitting your daily protein goals. For a smaller lunch portion, this can easily be divided into four servings at 20 grams of protein each. Pair it with a garden salad and you've got a nutritious, well-rounded meal.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- It's on the table in 15 minutes or less saving you time in the kitchen on busy days.
- It uses simple ingredients you can find anywhere.
- It's packed with protein and makes it easy to hit your daily macro goals.
- It's a tasty kid-friendly meal that the whole family will enjoy.
Ingredients You'll Need
- Chicken Breasts - You'll need boneless, skinless chicken breasts for this recipe. The chicken adds delicious flavor and gives this pizza a lean protein boost.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil - You'll need EVOO for sautéing the chopped chicken breasts. Avocado oil is another great alternative.
- Garlic Salt, Pepper, and Chili Powder - This seasoning blend is tossed with the cooked chicken to add a flavor kick.
- Thin Crust Flatbreads - I used the Flatout Rustic White Flatbread pizza crust for this recipe. Feel free to use your favorite thin crust flatbreads, but it will change the nutrition information and possibly the cooking time for the recipe.
- Barbecue Sauce - I used the Gourmet Warehouse Sweet Heat BBQ sauce, but feel free to switch this up and go with your personal favorite bottled or try my favorite homemade barbecue sauce.
- Red Onion - Adds a nice sharp spice and burst of color to this pizza recipe.
- Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese -Extra sharp cheddar adds great flavor, but feel free to substitute with regular sharp cheddar or mild cheddar cheese for less intensity. It's just not pizza without this cheesy goodness. Monterey Jack and Colby cheese are other tasty alternatives.
- Fresh Cilantro - You're either a cilantro lover or hater, so feel free to leave this ingredient out if you prefer, but I love this ingredient for a gorgeous pop of color and flavor.
How To Make BBQ Chicken Flatbread Pizza
Step 1. Sauté the chicken. Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the chopped chicken breast and cook until lightly golden on the outside and juices run clear turning over halfway through, about 5 minutes.
Step 2. Season the chicken. Turn off the heat, season the chicken with the garlic salt, chili powder, and black pepper and toss to coat. Set aside while you prepare your flatbreads.
Step 3. Assemble the flatbreads. Place the flatbreads on a baking sheet sprayed lightly with non-stick spray and top each flatbread with 2 tablespoons of barbecue sauce.
Step 4. Bake. Top with onions, cheese, and chicken and bake for 5-6 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Fresh from the oven...
Use precooked chicken. For an even faster method, use a cooked Rotisserie chicken and toss it with the spices before topping the pizza.
Grill It. This pizza is great baked or grilled! Just follow the above directions and instead of baking, cook it on the grill on medium heat for about 4 minutes until cheese is melted. Watch carefully so the crust does not burn.
DIY Garlic Salt. If you don't have garlic salt on hand you can make your own by combining 3 tablespoons of salt with 1 tablespoon of garlic powder. I usually make my own since it's super easy and I always have salt and garlic powder in my pantry.
More Easy Chicken Recipes
BBQ Chicken Flatbread Pizza
- ½ tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 8 oz boneless skinless chicken breast chopped into bite-size pieces
- ½ tsp garlic salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- 2 Thin crust flatbreads I used the Flatout Rustic White Thin Pizza Crusts
- 4 tbsp barbecue sauce I used Gourmet Warehouse brand, but go with your favorite brand
- ¼ cup red onion very thinly sliced
- 3 oz extra sharp cheddar cheese shredded from the block
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the chopped chicken breast and cook until lightly golden on the outside and juices run clear turning over half way through, about 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, season the chicken with the garlic salt, chili powder, and black pepper and toss to coat. Set aside while you prepare your flatbreads.
- Place the flatbreads on a baking sheet sprayed lightly with non-stick spray and top each flatbread with 2 tablespoons of barbecue sauce.
- Top with onions, cheese, and chicken and bake for 5-6 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Garnish with chopped fresh cilantro and serve immediately.