This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
A fresh and delicious summer recipe for tomato vinaigrette sauce for pasta using fresh garden tomatoes, olive oil, lemon zest, and fresh herbs.
This is a perfect summertime dish. My mother-in-law has been making this for years and passed the recipe along to me. I love this light and delicious pasta sauce. Make it in the morning, because it has to marinate all day.
I serve this sauce tossed with angel hair pasta and top with freshly grated Parmesan cheese. This is a great dish for picnics and potlucks because it is wonderful at room temperature. I hope that you enjoy this summery dish as much as our family does. It goes well with grilled chicken breasts. Definitely try this best-ever grilled chicken marinade if you haven’t already.
How To Make Tomato Vinaigrette Sauce For Pasta
1 packet chicken broth concentrate mixed with 1 cup water *see below (can also use Knorr’s chicken bouillon cube)
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
4 large cloves garlic, pressed
4 medium-large tomatoes, diced (remove pulp and seeds)
1/3 cup fresh basil, finely chopped (or more to taste)
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 tsp lemon zest (this is my addition…love zest!)
4 tsp sugar
1 tsp sea salt
2 tsp fresh oregano, finely chopped
Freshly grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
Start with dissolving chicken broth concentrate or bouillon cube in hot water. I like using the concentrate because it adds so much flavor.
Tomato Vinaigrette for Pasta
- 1 packet chicken broth concentrate mixed with 1 cup water *see below can also use Knorr's chicken bouillon cube
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 large cloves garlic pressed
- 4 medium-large tomatoes diced (remove pulp and seeds)
- 1/3 cup fresh basil finely chopped (or more to taste)
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest this is my addition...love zest!
- 4 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp fresh oregano finely chopped
- Freshly grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- Start with dissolving chicken broth concentrate or bouillon cube in hot water.
- Dice the tomatoes.
- Scoop out the seeds and pulp.
- Cut, rinse and chop the fresh basil and oregano.
- Don't forget the lemon zest!
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Cover and let stand at room temperature ALL day.
- This step is very important!!
- You need to let the flavors mingle.
- Toss with hot pasta and garnish with freshly grated cheese.