Caramelized bananas with vanilla bean frozen yogurt and maple drizzle is a delicious healthy dessert option! This clean eating dessert recipe is perfect for summer!
Need a “clean-eating” solution to a nagging sweet tooth?? I needed to find a fix since I have sworn off refined sugar in my diet. This delicious caramelized bananas dessert fits the bill and it’s so simple to make!
The recipe below also includes instructions for making homemade vanilla bean frozen yogurt. Making the frozen yogurt requires an ice cream maker. If you don’t own one, you can use store-bought ice cream, or make a no-churn vanilla frozen yogurt recipe.
Caramelized Bananas with Vanilla Bean Frozen Yogurt and Maple Drizzle
- Ingredients for one serving of the bananas:1 large ripe banana sliced in half and then slice again lengthwise (you will have 4 pieces)
- 1 tbsp organic salted butter
- 1 tbsp real maple syrup
- For Frozen Yogurt:1 cup whole organic milk
- 2 cups plain whole milk yogurt you can use Greek yogurt-it will have a more tart flavor but a higher protein count, I go for Greek
- 1/4 cup Stevia in the Raw brand granulated stevia
- 3 tbsp light amber agave nectar or maple syrup
- 1 tsp real vanilla extract
- 1 vanilla bean
For the Caramelized Bananas:Heat butter in a skillet over medium heat until melted. Add bananas and turn up to medium-high and cook for 4-6 minutes, flipping half way through cooking time, or until they are golden brown.
Transfer to a plate and drizzle with maple syrup. Top with a scoop of homemade vanilla bean frozen yogurt.
Vanilla Bean Frozen Yogurt:Slice the vanilla bean lengthwise and scrape all seeds into a mixing bowl. Add all other ingredients and whisk until thoroughly mixed. Make sure mixture is well chilled before churning.
Pour into an ice cream maker and churn according to manufacturer’s instructions.
I prefer this in soft-serve form, right out of the ice cream maker. The taste and texture is best served immediately. Alternately, you can transfer to a covered container and freeze up to 2 hours.