This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
These fun April Fools' Day fries made from apples are sweet, not savory and kids love this nutritious fool food! Trick your family this April Fool's Day with these sweet and delicious apple "french fries" served with strawberry preserve "ketchup" for dipping. It's a tasty food prank the whole family will love!
I used Kiku apples for this fool fries recipe, not just because they are fun to say, but they are the perfect sweetness, nice and large for chopping, and hold up well when cooked. These guys look like apples on steroids. 😉
If you have trouble finding them at your local grocery store, you can always make a request with the store manager to carry them. Most store managers are great at honoring product requests.
You'd Never Know That These "French Fries" are made from Apples!
Using a crinkle cutter makes them look all the more deceiving.
Top with a sprinkling of cinnamon sugar before baking in the oven.
These fries look like the real deal to me!
Do you have an epic food prank that you'd like to share for April Fools' Day? Is so, tag me on social or leave a note in the comments. Sometimes it's fun to play with our food!
April Fools' Day Fries Made From Apples!
- 4 apples peeled
- ½ tsp cinnamon more or less to taste
- granulated stevia can also use sugar
- Cooking spray I use the coconut oil spray
- *optional: strawberry preserves for dipping
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Slice fries into strips with a crinkle cutter
- Toss with cinnamon and sugar or zero calorie Swerve
- Bake 8-12 minutes
- Herb-Roasted Sheet Pan Chicken with Potatoes and Green Beans - February 8, 2021
- 50 Easy Breakfast Meal Prep Recipes - February 3, 2021
- Healthy Mixed Berry Smoothie - February 1, 2021