A simple recipe for chocolate raspberry protein oats made with prepared steel cut oatmeal, protein powder and fresh berries. *This post is sponsored by Mambo Sprouts through their partnership with Pacific Foods. All opinions are my own.
I love starting out my day with a bowl of steel cut oats. They are filling, nutritious and great for maintaining a healthy body weight. I prefer the steel cut variety, for their great texture. They also have zero sugar per 1/4 cup dry oats compared to 1 gram sugar in dry rolled oats. They both contain the same amount of protein and fiber.
Pacific Foods has come out with these convenient cartons of steel cut oats to make breakfast on-the-run a lot easier! I think these would also be great for hiking or camping, when you need good healthy carbs for fuel. No stove necessary, just heat and enjoy or eat straight out of the carton!
These prepackaged Pacific Foods oats come in a variety of flavors, to suit your taste buds.
What’s your favorite way to dress-up your oats?
Pairing healthy carb sources, like oatmeal, with 20-30 grams lean protein and good fat is perfect, nutrient-dense fuel for building lean muscle mass.
- 1/2 cup cooked steel cut oats or 1 container of Pacific Foods unsweetened oatmeal
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk or regular milk
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- Pour oats into a large bowl
- Combine milk and protein powder in a shaker and pour over oats, stirring until combined
- Top with fresh raspberries and enjoy