This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
One of the easiest breakfast recipes that you can make for a nutritious grab-and-go meal is overnight oats. I use Greek yogurt and almond milk and combine with whole grain oats, fruit, nuts, and spices to create this carrot cake overnight oats healthy breakfast recipe. These oats are assembled the night before, so you can eat a protein-packed breakfast on the run. If you don't like the tang of Greek yogurt, feel free to substitute the yogurt for a scoop of vanilla protein powder. Just mix the powder with the almond or regular milk in a shaker bottle before stirring in the oats and remaining ingredients
These Carrot Cake Overnight Oats are satiating and delicious.
Carrot Cake Overnight Oats
- ½ cup whole oats
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 5.3 oz plain Greek yogurt
- ½ medium size carrot very finely grated
- 1 tbsp sugar-free maple syrup I use Walden Farms or 1-2 packets of stevia
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp golden raisins
- 1 tbsp raw walnuts
- ¼-1/2 tsp cinnamon
- dash nutmeg
- dash ginger
- Another protein option:
- Use 1 cup milk or almond milk mixed with 1 scoop unflavored whey protein instead of the yogurt and ½ cup milk.
- Stir all ingredients together and pour into a container for serving.
- I love to use Mason jars, they are cute and are the perfect size for this recipe
- Optional: top with a little whipped cream cheese or whipped cream, a drizzle of real maple syrup, and a few walnuts before serving.