This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
One of the easiest breakfast recipes that you can make for a nutritious grab-and-go meal is overnight oats. I use Greek yogurt and almond milk and combine with whole grain oats, fruit, nuts and spices to create this carrot cake overnight oats healthy breakfast recipe. These oats are assembled the night before, so you can eat a protein-packed breakfast on the run. If you don’t like the tang of Greek yogurt, feel free to substitute the yogurt for a scoop of vanilla protein powder. Just mix the powder with the almond or regular milk in a shaker bottle before stirring in the oats and remaining ingredients
[bctt tweet=”With a recipe like these Carrot Cake Overnight Oats, there’s no excuse not to eat a filling and protein-packed morning meal. ” username=””]
These Carrot Cake Overnight Oats are satiating and delicious.
Carrot Cake Overnight OatsPrint Pin Rate
- 1/2 cup whole oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk can also use 2% milk-I like Fairlife milk, since it's lactose free and double the protein
- 1 5.3 oz container plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 medium size carrot grated
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar can sub 1 packet stevia or 1 tbsp sugar-free maple syrup like Walden Farms
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp golden raisins
- 1 medjool date chopped
- 1 tbsp raw walnuts
- 1/4-1/2 tsp cinnamon
- dash nutmeg
- dash ginger
- *Optional: whipped cream cheese for topping
- *Optional: real maple syrup for drizzling use a sugar-free syrup, like Walden Farms, if watching sugar intake
- a few extra walnuts for garnish
- Another option:
- Use 1 cup milk or almond milk mixed with 1 scoop unflavored whey protein instead of the yogurt and 1/2 cup milk.
- Stir all ingredients together and pour into a container for serving.
- I love to use Mason jars, they are cute and are the perfect size for this recipe
- Top with a little whipped cream cheese or whipped cream, a drizzle of real maple syrup and a few walnuts before serving.
Latest posts by Amee Livingston (see all)
- The Best Baked Brie with Apricot Jam & Almonds - December 3, 2019
- Amazing Green Bean Casserole From Scratch - November 24, 2019
- Applewood Bacon-Wrapped Venison Loin with Raspberry Sauce - November 15, 2019