This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
Need a super fast healthy meal idea? Look no further, these Balsamic Beef Asparagus Roll ups are delicious and really fast to throw together! You’ll have a nutrient-dense meal on the table in less than 20 minutes. You can usually find the top sirloin already sliced in thin slices that are easy to roll at your local butcher. If not, I’m sure the butcher would be happy to do it for you. We love this cut of meat, because it’s really lean, economical and tender.
In case you missed it, here are more Easy & Tasty Weeknight Meals from Foodie Dietitians with other great ideas to inspire your meal plans!
- 1 lb sirloin tip steak very thinly sliced
- 3/5 oz sharp white cheddar cheese cut into strips
- 1 bunch asparagus spears
- fresh cracked pepper
- good quality balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Wash asparagus and snap off ends.
- Bring a saucepan of salted water to a boil and add asparagus.
- Cook 3 minutes and immediately submerge asparagus in a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking process (they should be crisp-tender)
- Drain and set aside
- Season steak slices with salt and pepper.
- Top with cheese and 3-4 asparagus per roll
- Roll-up steak and drizzle with a little balsamic vinegar
- Broil for 4 1/2 minutes
- Drizzle with a little more vinegar before serving, if desired.