I gave my favorite Christmas cookies a healthy makeover this year using healthy gluten-free grains and unrefined sweeteners. These Cranberry Walnut Oatmeal cookies are amazingly delicious!! I’m happy with this re-do of my beloved Cranberry Hootycreeks cookie recipe. If you are not gluten intolerant, you can just use regular oats and oat flour.
I am including a round-up of fantastic gluten-free, Paleo/grain-free and lightened-up cookie recipes from other food bloggers and websites. Enjoy! Healthy treats that fool the taste buds make my holidays merry and bright. 🙂
- 1 cup gluten-free oat flour
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup gluten-free oats
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2/3 cup blonde coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp dark amber maple syrup
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1/2 cup softened grassfed butter or unrefined coconut oil melted and cooled
- 1 whole cage-free egg
- 1 tsp real vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine all dry ingredients, except nuts and cranberries, in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter, egg, vanilla and maple syrup until light and fluffy. Add dry ingredients and blend until well mixed. Stir in nuts and cranberries.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto a parchment or silpat lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool on wire racks and enjoy.
Grain-Free Gingerbread Men from The Food Lover’s Primal Palate
No Flour Yule Log from Running with the Deviled Eggs
A Holiday Cookie Round-Up from Shape Magazine
10 Healthy Christmas Cookie recipes from Elana’s Pantry
Healthier Christmas Cookies from The Nourishing Gourmet
Gluten Free Oatmeal Apricot Chocolate Chip Cookies from Mia’s Domain
Pumpkin Peanut Butter Skillet Cookie from The Fountain Avenue Kitchen
Chocolate Spiked Oatmeal Cookies from Clean Eating Magazine