This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
I gave my favorite oatmeal cookies a healthier makeover using healthy gluten-free grains and unrefined sweeteners. These Gluten-Free Oatmeal Cookies with Cranberries and Walnuts are amazingly delicious!!
I’m happy with this recipe makeover of my beloved Cranberry Hootycreeks cookie recipe. If you are not gluten intolerant you can use regular oats and either unbleached all-purpose flour.
I am including a round-up of fantastic gluten-free, grain-free and lightened-up cookie recipes from other healthy lifestyle bloggers. Delicious healthy treats make my holidays merry and bright. Enjoy!
If you try this gluten-free cookie recipe, be sure and tag me on Instagram @ameecooks! I love seeing your creations!
Shopping List For This Recipe:
- Gluten-Free Oat Flour (can make your own)
- Brown Rice Flour
- Gluten-Free Oats
- Baking Soda
- Coconut Sugar (or brown sugar)
- Dark Amber Maple Syrup
- Dried Cranberries
- Chopped Walnuts
- Ground Cinnamon
If you’re looking for more delicious gluten-free dessert recipes, you should also try this homemade Gluten-Free Butterscotch Pudding, Gluten-Free Oatmeal Carmelitas, and my favorite gluten-free Pumpkin Chocolate Cake!
Gluten-Free Oatmeal Cookies with Cranberries and Walnuts
- 1 cup gluten-free oat flour
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup gluten-free oats
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2/3 cup blonde coconut sugar can also use brown sugar
- 2 tbsp dark amber maple syrup
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1/2 cup softened butter or unrefined coconut oil melted and cooled
- 1 whole egg
- 1 tsp real vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine all dry ingredients, except nuts and cranberries, in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter, egg, vanilla and maple syrup until light and fluffy. Add dry ingredients and blend until well mixed. Stir in nuts and cranberries.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto a parchment or silpat lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool on wire racks and enjoy.
No Flour Yule Log from Running with the Deviled Eggs
A Holiday Cookie Round-Up from Shape Magazine
10 Healthy Christmas Cookie recipes from Elana’s Pantry
Healthier Christmas Cookies from The Nourishing Gourmet
Pumpkin Peanut Butter Skillet Cookie from The Fountain Avenue Kitchen
Chocolate Spiked Oatmeal Cookies from Clean Eating Magazine